Part III

"Please, Taeyeon-­‐ah... It's so lonely without you."

"You're drunk, Fany," she said as she avoided the clinging girl's seeking lips, fighting to be the wise one; to do the right thing and not take advantage of the person she still loved with all her heart even though said person was literally throwing herself at her.

"I don't get drunk!"

She grimaced when the alcohol breath hit her face. "Just go to sleep and we'll talk in the morning," she said as she tried to pull Tiffany towards the bedroom.

"Psh!" Tiffany suddenly scoffed, breaking free from Taeyeon's hold. She wobbled on her legs but didn't fall down, thankfully. "Why do you always push me away?! I thought you loved me!"

"I did! I do."

"Then why did you leave?!"

"Because you told me to! You said I was suffocating you!" shouted Taeyeon, feeling her broken heart shatter yet again.

That silenced Tiffany. "I'm sorry." Her lips quivered as her eyes brimmed with tears. "I'm so sorry." She covered her face with her hands then stumbled backward, trying to somehow get to the door to leave. The back of her legs suddenly hit a small table, sending the objects on top of it down to the floor with a crash. "C-­‐crap!"

Taeyeon swiftly stepped forward, catching Tiffany before the latter could pick up the broken glasses of the fallen picture frame and vase. "It's okay, Fany." She held Tiffany's hand and hugged her from behind, moving her away.

"I broke your stuff," mumbled Tiffany - eyes still on the mess on the floor.

"It's okay," comforted Taeyeon as she maneuvered the girl in her arms towards the nearby couch.

"I don't... feel well," Tiffany suddenly said.

Before Taeyeon could do anything, the intoxicated girl had bent down, collapsing onto the carpet on her hands and knees.

She grimaced when she saw what happened next, silently saying goodbye to her ruined carpet while suppressing the urge to gag. After waiting until Tiffany was done, she reached down to pull her up. "Come on. Let's get you cleaned up."

The sudden click from the door brought her out of her reminiscing. Not moving from her spot, she quietly waited for whoever it was to appear from the small corridor.

Hyoyeon stopped in her tracks when she saw the person lying on the bed. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing."

"Go out and have some fun, Taeng. It's the last night of our stay here. We're off to L.A tomorrow and that city's gonna be totally different."

"Later."

"Have you talked to her?"

"No."