Epilogue

Tiffany's phone rang for the second time that night, interrupting her conversation with her friends.

"Hello? Yes, Taetae, I'm still with them. Oh? But you'd have to drive all the way here." She then paused to listen to what seemed like a long argument from Taeyeon's side. "Okay okay. I'll wait. Drive carefully. Bye."

"Let me guess. She insists on picking you up and is already on her way?" asked Hyoyeon.

"Yes."

"Because it's dangerous for you to go home alone even though it's not even 9 yet?"

"You know it."

"And you're okay with it?" added Yuri carefully. Tiffany shrugged. "It beats taking the subway." "So all is well?"

"You guys don't have to worry. She's improving. She only called me five times today plus that last one."

"So a total of 6 calls within the span of more than 12 hours? That's progress." "A lot of progress," remarked Sunny. "What's your secret?"

"I'm not really sure. I never really say much about it. She just keeps improving on her own and barely relapses."

"Probably scared that you'd run off again," said Sooyoung.

"Probably," replied Tiffany with a smile. "Regardless of her reason, I think it's great to see her try. We've changed a lot, I guess. It's different this time around but definitely better."

"It's not that much different. You're still whipped. I thought I'd never see you like this again," commented Sunny with a smirk.

The other girls snickered and giggled. "What? I'm not whipped!"

"You are. You do whatever she tells you and you're back to reciting plenty of 'but Taetae said' or 'let me ask Taetae first'. Bring back my friend who's firm, determined and independent, please," teased Yuri.

"I am still firm, determined and independent!"

"When it comes to work and other things maybe but definitely not when it comes to anything related to Taeyeon."

"But no need to worry. It's a good balance to your perfectionist self. And you practically beam these days."

"Uh-­‐huh. Like a lighthouse with legs."

The four friends laughed again, happy to be able to tease the pouting Tiffany.

"How's the moving, by the way?" asked Hyoyeon after the laughter had died down.

"I finally finished unpacking everything." "How does it feel to be married for real?"

"Awesome!" answered Tiffany with a wide grin on her face. "There's the lighthouse again," commented Sooyoung.

"Awesome because you're finally married or awesome because you're married to her?"

"Both. I feel... complete. Like everything's finally where they should be." "That's good to hear considering all the drama you guys have gone through." "The drunk wedding was the best though. Too bad we missed the ceremony." "Yeah. I want to see drunk Taeng trying to say her vows in English."

"She couldn't even say two short sentences in English while fully sober." "Hey, don't tease her," said Tiffany, defending Taeyeon.

"Aw... you're no fun now."

"Yeah. If we can't tease Taeng then who can we tease?"

"Go look in the mirror. You'll have quite a laugh," said Taeyeon who suddenly appeared from behind Tiffany.