Chapter 5- Let's Get Packing

Pic of Ophelia>>>

"White Tiger"

2012 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

They stared at me in a shocked silence, unsure of what to do. I knew I should say something to break the awkward silence, but I needed them to get the gears in their heads turning first.

”So...” I trailed off, trying to get a reaction out of them. I saw Willow attempt to swallow and Stephani cleared her throat before speaking.

“Is this… A good idea?” She asked slowly.

They both stared at me, waiting for my reply.

“Yes. I need to learn and I can't do that with a bunch of people breathing down my neck and throwing phones at me.” I joked, trying to lighten the mood. They shared a look and I continued, “I want you guys to come with me. I’ll leave the pack with Marc in charge and return when I’m ready.”

“Well...” Willow started slowly, “We would need t-”She was cut off by Stephani.

Yes!” She squealed. “We could go to Paris! I bet my mate is there. How romantic would that be? I mean, we could eat baguettes, he would read me poetry and take me on moonlit strolls and boat rides! We would fall in love in the city of love! My cousin, Ashlee, would be so jealous! You know, she met her mate at the dump and he was like, 30, and since shifters are basically immortal, he looked 18, but she was only 17, and he was 30! I'm gonna fall in love, and we are going to be the same age, and we are going to have perfect children named Lacy, Amy and Angelica. They will all be girls, and they’ll clean their rooms, and make me breakfast, and get straight A's in school, and-”

She was cut off as Willow’s hand covered her mouth.

“Calm down, little Ani, wouldn't want to make your future Alpha deaf now, would we?” Willow said in a soothing voice, Ani's eyes were as big as saucers as she nodded.

“So I’ll take that as a yes from Ani?” I stated. Ani jerked her head up and down quickly in a nod, eyes still wide.

“Well if my best friends are leaving me here, what ever am I going to do?” Willow rolled her eyes, smirking, “I guess I have no choice. I would be honoured to join you.”

Ani squealed and leapt up from her seat, squeezing Willow in a hug and shaking her, before running around the table to give me the same treatment.

When she finally released me, she clasped her hands tightly in front of herself, as if to hold back. I smiled and explained, “I need to go talk to Marc, I’ll be back in a minute.”

As I neared the door, I heard whispers coming from the other side.

“I can’t hear them, shush! Be quiet!” I quickly pulled the door open, stepping out of the way.

I was amused to see three teenagers, two boys and one girl, fall to the ground, losing their balance from leaning on the door.

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms, waiting for an explanation I was sure would be funny to hear. I suddenly felt like a mother scolding her children.

The teenage girl stood up and brushed herself off, glaring at the boys. “Sorry Alpha,” She mocked, “We were just waiting out here to meet you, we heard you were amazing, fantastic and way better than everyone else! We weren’t sure if you would grace us with your presence.” She smiled sweetly, batting her eyelashes.