Chapter 10- The Past Year

Pic of Nixon to the side :) >>>

"White Tiger"

2012 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

A whole year had passed since we’d left the pack, and I had learnt so much. There were the little things that I’d learnt from Ani and Willow, but they couldn’t have trained me to be an Alpha. I was proud to have been trained by Alpha Georg of the Lion Pack in Africa, and I was proud to have been trained by Alpha Xavier of the Wolf pack in Canada.

I had set out, aware that if I didn’t travel before I was an Alpha, it would be unlikely that I would travel when I became one. There would be too many responsibilities for me to deal with, I wouldn’t have the time.

My goals had been to learn as much as possible about being an Alpha, and to live my dreams of travel. Of course, Ani’s goals had been to find her mate, and Willows… Willows goals were to be Willow.

Ani hadn’t found her mate, unfortunately, and neither did I. Willow was lucky enough to find Jeremy, and Ani still resented her a tiny bit for it.

Picnic Basket? $20.

Sandwiches? $16.25.

Picnic Blanket? $10.

A rose to give Willow? $7.50.

The look on Ani's face? Priceless.

I was pleased that Willow and Jeremy had found each other, because it meant that Willow had softened a bit, and because of Jeremy’s Beta heritage, I had the two of them to be my Betas.

Jeremy may not have been my first pick for second-in-command, but Willow certainly was. She had a cool and calculating demeanour that I expected all Betas should possess.

They suited each other perfectly though, and it was easy to see. I still got a kick out of seeing Willow around him though, her rosy red cheeks, big love struck eyes, dreamy expression. She was absolutely adorable around him. Less like a psycho-murderer, and more like a grumpy kitten.

The four of us travelled the world and went both sightseeing and training. I called Marc every week, as promised, to update him on our whereabouts and our progress with my training. In turn, he had told me that he had retired and allowed the Alpha of a neighbouring pack to take over until I return.

He was currently on holidays in the Bahamas with Sher, and we visited them at one point. I would call him and he would forward anything important to the Alpha standing in for the pack.

I was happy with the arrangement, Marc and Sher deserved a break from the pack.

It was my birthday, and we had kept Ani away from any personalised clothing so that she didn’t get any inspiration for this year’s outfit. She was left in a black dress with white lettering for ‘Happy Birthday’. I was far less embarrassed.

I had blown out the candle on the cupcake as they sung ‘Happy Birthday’. I was happy they had been there to celebrate my birthday; they had all become my family over the year.

I gave them a big smile and shoved the cupcake into my mouth before Jer could steal it. I pulled the three of them toward me into a bear hug.

It was 11:30pm, and I had to send them away. I had learned on my travels that a year after gaining their wings, Tigenres also gain an element that they have control over. It wasn't safe for them to be near me until I had control over it.