Chapter 31- Helpless

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 31

I woke up to darkness, at first I figured it was still night time, until I remembered. At the feast, someone put chloroform over my mouth.

My eyes adjusted and I recognised the place as some sort of dungeon or jail cell. I tried to stand, but there was something restricting my hands and feet. I looked down to see shackles wrapped around them, preventing my escape.

It was easy to escape; all I had to do was shift. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on shifting into a smaller me, but I couldn't focus.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest and my breaths came quicker. No matter how hard I tried to focus, I couldn't concentrate enough to shift. Instead, I called out to my Primary shift for help.

I can't shift, please, can you? I begged.

But suddenly I couldn't remember my Primary Shift's name.

What was it? Lyle? Lucy? Lilly?

I couldn't remember.

My thoughts were too jumbled to comprehend what was going on, and the more I tried to shift, the dizzier I became.

"I see the serum is working." A deep voice echoed through the chamber.

I gasped and my eyes snapped open. I looked around to see a young man perched on a seat in the middle of the room, smirking.

He was quite good looking, brown hair, green eyes, and no blemishes on his face. I could see he was strong- he had a large build.

I was unable to determine whether he was a shifter or a human. It would seem that my enhanced senses had gone along with my ability to shift.

His smirk widened as he saw the confusion on my face. "Oh, little Ben doesn't know what's going on?"

I slowly shook my head, not trusting my voice to be strong.

"Well, you see, I thought it about time we caught up, hey little Benny? I haven't seen you in sixteen years! Well, actually, to be precise, I haven't seen you since I murdered poor mummy and daddy." He taunted.

I sucked in a shocked breath- he killed them? Their murderer was sitting a few feet away from me and I was helpless to do anything about it.

"Let's have a little fun, hey Benny?" He grinned, an evil glint in his eye as he pulled a very sharp knife out from behind him.

Jason

She was gone. Ben was gone, and I didn't know what to do. I had gone to find her after the fireworks so we could make the announcement, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

Morte sat faithfully on my shoulder as I followed Benina's scent. It ended a few feet into the forest, a sickly sweet scent lingering where her scent halted.

I had immediately gone in search of Willow- she would know what to do about this. I was still in shock, and Ani probably wasn't as experienced in this.

Morte flew off of my shoulder to get Willow, leaving me in the forest, holding a leaf covered in Ben's scent.

Morte and Willow arrived shortly after, and when Willow got a whiff of the scent, her face turned grim.