Chapter 14- Birthday Surprises

Cover by Lindsey>>>

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

It was a new day, it was time for a fresh attitude and a new challenge.

I woke up as the sun's rays filtered through the window above my bed. That, and Ani jumping up and down on top of me like a five year old on her birthday.

Then I realised- Ani always acts like a five year old- which could only mean... The reason Ani was jumping up and down on my bed like it was her birthday was because it was her birthday.

Shoot.

And I had another challenge, and I had yet to get her a present, and I had yet to help Macy with breakfast, and I had yet to-

Ok, so I was trying to pile up a load of things I had to do so I didn't feel guilty.

It didn't work.

Why didn't someone remind me?

Usually Ani would go on about it for days, or Willow would at least remind me...

Why didn't Libeth remind me?

In fact, Libeth has been awfully quiet these last few days... I searched through my mind, looking for Libeth... She was... Sulking?

Why would Libeth be sulking?

I realised that I should stop asking myself questions about Libeth, when she was right there. She was always right there.

The real reason why I was wasting time, was because I'd wanted to keep the positive glow I’d had since the day before. I didn't want to sulk like Libeth, because chances were, if it made her sulk, then it would make me sulk too.

After all... We're practically the same person. I'll ask her later, I decided.

I had someone else entirely to deal with at that moment, and if I didn't pay attention to them in the next ten seconds, then I was going to have to deal with them sulking.

"Morning, Ani!" I yelled at her, trying to be cheery.

But I think I put too much cheer into it, because I ended up screaming it right in her face and it scared the heck out of her.

She fell backwards and tumbled off the bed, I quickly jumped off to see her in Walrus form, on all... Threes?

Her vocal chords were still human, I realised, as she said, "A cat always lands on all fours."

She clearly believed she was a cat, and a Walrus doesn't pull off a smug face very well, so I ended up on the floor with her, laughing until I cried.

She didn't seem satisfied by my reaction to her cool remark, so she wondered what was going on.

Ani looked down and saw that instead of having the paws she had planned on, she had flippers.

She stumbled over to the mirror behind the door, and when she saw her reflection she let out a cross between a gasp and a screech.

A very bizarre sound to come from a Walrus.

By then I had a sore stomach from all the laughing, and I had to look away, so I could breathe. I jumped up from the ground after catching my breath, and I walked towards the bed, without looking her way.