Chapter 35- Flash

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 35

I could see the confusion clearly written across the man's face. There was something oddly familiar about him, but I didn't have time to ponder.

I was disappointed to see Ophelia by his side, clearly his mate, but I wasn't surprised. She was in wolf form, wrapped around his leg.

I stood in the doorway, looking down at the bruised and battered version of me that had been locked up down here while I desperately searched for her. After all, it wasn't me there, it was Ani.

Flashback

I was walking back to the table to announce the fireworks when Ani pulled me aside. She led me a few metres into the forest and turned to give me a guilty look. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, and when she began to speak, her voice was choked up.

"I have to tell you something."

I turned to face her, the confusion clearly written on my face. "Does this have to do with Nixon? Or your behaviour lately? I mean, seriously, we're all worried about you." I told her.

She gulped, nodding as she avoided eye contact. "I'm so sorry Ben, I didn't want to, but I had no choice!" She cried, grabbing my hand as tears slipped down her face.

"Ani, what's wrong?" I asked gently, wrapping my arms around her in an attempt to soothe her obvious pain.

"There are some," She hiccupped, "really bad people out there, Ben. They're coming for you. I've been telling them what the pack's movements are, and I did what they told me to, I organised the feast, so they could kidnap you." She whispered the last part, guilt eating away at her.

My eyes widened and I took a step back. "What? You helped them? They're coming for me? Who are they?"

She sobbed, "Please forgive me! I had no choice! They've kidnapped Nix!" She hiccupped.

I gasped, stepping forward to comfort her, tears filling my eyes. I couldn't blame her, not really. A mating bond was virtually unbreakable, and to kidnap a mate was to hold the other's soul in the palm of your hand, able to torment it in any way, killing them instantly. "Ani, when did this happen?" I asked her.

"Jason's pack didn't call for him, it was a Rogue. He was called Dexter and he had a trap set up for Nix." She explained, tears slipping down her cheeks, "They called me late at night, a few hours after Nix left. He told me not to do what they said and they I could hear them beating him. I couldn't take it!"

I hugged her tightly, thinking about the options left, I couldn't do anything. "Rogues have Nix? And they want me? Why? So they can bring down the pack? It's perfect, the fireworks and acrobats are great distractions, and no one will notice my disappearance." I thought out loud.

"I don't know why they want you, but please forgive me!" She sobbed.

I nodded, closing my eyes as I hummed a soothing lullaby, trying to calm her down. "I forgive you, Ani; I understand how strong the mating bond is. It's ok, I'm sure you guys will all find me." I spoke quietly, trust showing clearly in my voice.

My best friends were unstoppable. They would find me even if they had to travel the world.

"No, Ben, I can't let them take you. It's my fault this is happening, you can't go! If they end up taking someone, it should be me!" She seemed so determined.