▀▄▀▄🎀 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8 🎀 ▄▀▄▀

This is how I imagine Mattia looking when Kairi tells him🥺
------------------------
3rd POV
Kairi was in the kitchen making himself lunch when Mattia walked in. Kairi greeted the man with a kiss, then went back making the sandwich.

"Can you make me one?" Mattia asked, tossing the day's mail on the table. Kairi nodded, and grabbed two more slices of bread, putting lunch meat and cheese on one piece. "Did you pick up milk when you went to the store?"

Kairi had gone to the store earlier to grab a few essentials, like shampoo and the said dairy item. "Yeah, it's in the fridge."

"No really? Milk in the fridge?" Mattia chuckled, staring at the man. Kairi had been acting out of it for a few weeks, very unlike himself. He'd been covering up with large sweaters, and flinching when Mattia would touch certain parts of his body. The small man would get sick in the morning, he was moody, and really emotional, and would cry at almost anything.

"Anything interesting?" Kairi pointed to the mail, put Mattia's sandwich on a plate, and handed it to him. Mattia shook his head, and Kairi started putting away ingredients. "We need to go shopping," Kairi muttered as he put away the cold cuts. He opened a cabinet and took out two cups, filling both with water.

Mattia stared at the man in front of him, his face portraying that 'really?' look. "You literally went to the store this morning."

Kairi rolled his eyes. "Yeah I know. But I mean bulk shopping, like actual foods, not last-minute items." He set the cup in front of Mattia, and sat down next to him.

"I'll go to the store later then. Make a list for me." Mattia said, and Kairi nodded. The two ate in silence, simply enjoying each other's company.

~timeskip to... right before mattia goes to the store~

3rd POV
Kairi waited until he heard Mattia's car pull out of the driveway before jumping off the couch. He ran to the bathroom, where he had hidden something away.

Kairi opened the sink cabinet and shuffled through the bags contents, finally finding the boxes. He tore open the cardboard packaging, a white stick falling out of one box.

Kairi caught it, and read the instructions on the side of the box. He followed each step, and set a timer on his phone.

"5 minutes." The man murmured, and left the two items on top of the closed toilet lid. He sat on the floor, and played games on his phone until the timer scared him by going off.

"Wow, what a surprise." Kairi laughed dryly, staring at the four pink lines, two on each stick. Now to tell the other parent.

Kairi left the sticks in the bathroom, setting a reminder to tell Mattia when the man came home.

Mattia's POV
"Kai, I'm home!" I shout into a seemingly empty house. I struggle to shut the door, as my hands are full of grocery bags.

I brought everything into the kitchen, and started to put stuff away. "Kairi!" I call out again, in case he didn't hear me the first time.

Still no answer.

He was probably asleep, which these days wasn't surprising. Poor Kai was absolutely exhausted, and just could not fall asleep at night.