▀▄▀▄🎀 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 3 🎀 ▄▀▄▀

April
--------------------------
two weeks later

Kairi sat back on his heels, breathing heavily. He didn't know what had happened, one moment he was making breakfast for the two of them, and the next he was over the toilet, violently sick.

Now he was leaning against the bathtub, trying not to throw up again. The small boy looked up when he heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Kai? Are you okay?" Mattia's worried voice sounded from the other side of the door. "I came downstairs and you were sprinting to the bathroom."

Kairi couldn't find the right words to explain, instead waving around to unlock the door. Mattia looked down at his husband, and then to the toilet. "Oh baby, are you sick?" Mattia crouched down, allowing Kairi to snuggle into his lap.

"I just got really nauseous, and almost threw up in the kitchen." Kairi sniffed. "I felt fine when I woke up. So I got out of bed and started making breakfast, like usual. Then the smell just made me feel super sick."

Mattia said nothing, but continued rubbing the smaller's back. "Well, how about you go back to bed, and I'll bring breakfast to you?" He finally said after a moment.

Kairi nodded in agreement, and let himself be carried back to their bed. Mattia left, and came back with the meal that Kairi had started cooking. "Thank you." he said, accepting the tray Mattia gave him. The two ate in comfortable silence, both slowly becoming more awake. Kairi had only eaten half of his plate before he started feeling sick again. It wasn't a strong feeling, so he ignored it.

Mattia had already finished eating, and was sipping his coffee. "Are you finished?" he asked softly, and Kairi nodded. As soon as the younger man was out of sight, Kairi bolted to the bathroom.

The small man could feel bile rising, and stumbled into the room. Kairi barely had time to get over the sink before choking on the vomit barreling up his throat. His eyes watered as he rinsed down the vile substance. His whole body hurt, his stomach was the worst. Rolling and churning, it didn't stop. Kairi felt tears slip down his cheeks, not even realizing he was crying.

The small man whimpered, and gagged again. Nothing came up, so he decided to go back to bed. His head was pounding, and Kairi just wanted to sleep. The brunet curled up under the blankets, shivering slightly.

"Mattia," Kairi called out, wanting the older man next to him.

"In the kitchen love!" Mattia called back.

Kairi groaned, and rolled onto his stomach. Bad idea. "Can you come up here please?" A harsh cramp hit, and tears sprung in his eyes. "Fucking shit!" he hissed, turning on his side.
Kairi heard stairs creaking, and Mattia appeared in the doorway.

"Yeah- oh honey..." Mattia went over to the other side of the bed where Kairi was facing. "You really are sick."

"No, really?!" Kairi's voice cracked, and tears fell onto the pillow beneath him. "'Tia..."

Mattia felt his heart sink. He wasn't really a soft man, but when it came to Kairi, Mattia was a marshmallow. Seeing him in pain was heartbreaking. "I'm right here baby. You wanna cuddle?"

Kairi nodded, whispering a soft 'please'. Mattia sat on his side of the bed, letting Kairi get comfortable around him. The two ended up with Kairi laying on his back and Mattia's legs on either side of Kairi's body.

"You wanna watch something?" Mattia asked quietly.

"No," Kairi felt like his whole body was on fire. His stomach, his head, everything hurt. "Just play music or something."

"'Kay." Mattia grabbed Kairi's phone off the nightstand and unlocked it. He went to the green Spotify app and went to their chillax playlist. He pressed shuffle, and let the music play.

--------------------------
third chapter done yay