Chapter 51

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Amber's eyes slowly began to flutter open and closed. Her ears filled with the soft beeping of a heart machine.

Her eyes soon shot open once she came to realization she was in the hospital based on the sent and noises.

She blinked several times and was finally able to see. She slowly scanned her surroundings.

She found her theory to be correct as she was lying on a bed in a hospital room. There was a tad of sunlight peering through the window to her right and the only sound was the constant beeping from the machine. She tried to ignore the needle in her arm and the pain in her leg.

Her eyes finally landed on the woman sitting close by. Her long black hair surrounded most of her face as she was sound asleep in the small chair she sat on.

Amber looked around the room more, swearing she was dreaming. What was going on? Why was she at the hospital?

Her thoughts were shortened when the woman in the chair lunged up and was leaning atop of Amber. She let out a yell and cowered under the covers. She silently stared up at the pink eyes which dug into her before her mind caught up. Luna... The car crash...Hailey!

"What the hell, Amber?!" Luna shouted at her, her long hair kissing the covers she peered over.

Amber immediately began to cry, unable to really say anything. Everything was clear to her now...everything that had happened.

"I know everything, Amber!" Luna was shouting, but Amber was too dazed to pay much attention to the furious woman.

Her mind bolted towards images of Hailey- how she had looked the last time Amber had seen her.

Amber suddenly pounced up in her bed, but yelped as pain rippled through her body.

"Amber..."

She slowly raised her eyes to Luna just in time as the woman gently pushed her back down against the bed.

Amber watched as Luna sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "You've been in a coma for two days, and have three broken bones and five stitches."

She was so filled with shock that she was at a loss of words to speak. Two days?! She felt as if she had been in an extremely long dream and did not want to wake up. The crash really was bad, but what about Hailey? She wanted to ask so bad, but wasn't sure if Luna knew about her or not. She most likely did...

"How do you feel?" Luna slowly asked her, in a much more gentle tone.

"I'm fine," Amber replied, despite the jabs of pain she still felt lingering on her body.

"Look, Eva told me about the entire party, along with the fact that you were already suppose to have told me."

Amber blinked quietly. So she did know, and Eva had bailed Amber out. Was Luna not mad? Amber decided to ask.

"Are you...mad?" She asked timidly.

"Well, yes. But I understand why you were afraid to tell me," Luna surprisingly responded.

Amber was afraid to say too much, since she was not sure how much Eva had told her.

"Is Hailey okay?" Amber blurted out.

Luna chuckled lightly, slightly frustrating Amber. None of this was funny.

"She's fine. And I know her, Amber."

Amber let out a sigh of relief. "Is she here?"

Luna nodded as she stood from the bed. "Yes, but you need rest. The doctors told me to make you go back to sleep once you woke up."