Chapter 3

Amber stared up at her father as her palms began to sweat more and more with each passing second.

He was glancing out each window as if looking for something that might be surrounding them. And Amber being below the seat, had no view of the outside. 

Her father was terrifying her and she could not seem to stop herself from being curious about his eye color change. They still were not their usual hazel. 

"Dad..."

"Shh!"

Amber frowned. It was light as day, what could possibly be happening?

Suddenly her dad seemed to twitch and he sharply looked down at Amber. "Get out! And run!" 

She jumped in surprise and stared up at him with a puzzled look. "What? Why?! Dad, what's-"

"Now!"

Amber immediately opened the car door and was about to hop out but stopped herself when she saw a man standing right outside the door.

Shocked by his showing, she let out a scream. He reached in and grabbed Amber by the arm.

As she was being pulled out, she expected her father to grab a hold of her and yank her  back, but when he didn't she glanced back to see what he was doing.

The man was still yanking on Amber, but she fought back by clutching onto the handle.

Meanwhile, her father was going throat-to-throat with another man. It had appeared her dad had got out of the car since the two of them were now outside of the car and throwing punches here and there.

Amber's sight of this was vanished as she was pulled hard. She stumbled out of the car and was held by two muscular arms.

"Get off of me!" Amber shouted as she squirmed in the stranger's arms.

He only grunted and whirled her around to face him. He had white shaggy hair and looked mad as ever.

"I don't want to hurt you! So just stay still, 'kay?!" 

Amber frowned. "What do you want?!"

Her attention was soon averted to her father who had the other man pressed up against the car. "You told me I had one more year!" He was shouting.

Amber tilted her head. What was he talking about? Did he know these guys?

Amber looked up to the man who was holding her arms. He seemed to be distracted by the argument her father was in, and she took great advantage of this. 

Amber quickly squirmed out of the man's grasp and darted towards her father. "Dad!"

He looked back at Amber, his eyes still a deep golden color. "Amber. Please, you have to..." His words were stiffled as he seemed to be holding back tears. "This wasn't suppose to happen. Not until next year at least."

Amber tilted her head and was about to speak when the man her father held down suddenly yanked her father's arm backwards and caused him to fall to the ground. 

"Stop! For just a second!" Amber shouted.

All three men unexpectedly listened and froze to gaze at her.

"What is going on?" She questioned through deep breaths after having their attention.

"You need to come with us," spoke up the man who had grabbed her before. 

"I don't think so!" 

"Why are you here?!" Her father asked the two men from below Amber.

"She could not wait any longer," one of them responded.

Amber kneeled down next to her father and wondered who 'she' was as he let out a loud groan.

"No..."

"Dad, what the hell is going on?" Amber whispered.

He did not have time to answer as the two of them looked at the next car that pulled up. Out jumped several other buff men and Amber's face dropped. This couldn't be happening. Or that was, whatever washappening.

Two more men ran over and one grabbed Amber's father by an arm, and the other grabbed his free arm. They didn't have much trouble doing so as her father didn't fight them.

They began to hoist him up and he let out a grumble, his eyes automatically squeezing shut. It appeared he was in major pain.

"Joel! Grab the girl!" One of the men who carried Amber's father shouted.

The man that had been in a match with her father grabbed Amber roughly by the wrist and led her toward their car.

"No! Dad!" She yelled as she wiggled her wrist around in Joel's grasp.

She saw as her father pleaded with the men holding him, but Amber could not understand anything or hear what he was saying due to all the shouts from the men.

Did no one see this? Or hear? This was all occuring in the middle of a neighborhood!

Amber let out a loud scream in hope to gain anyone's attention but was silenced by a large hand pressed against her lips. It was Joel's hand and she bit down on it real hard.

He immediately yanked his hand back and Amber was about to scream again when her father was suddenly right in front of her. She grew distracted and gave up on the screaming idea.

Four men now surrounded him, but no longer clutched onto him.

He was slouched and had one of his hands gripping his left rib cage. Tears were running down his face and he pulled Amber close to him.

She was only able to hug him back with one hand as her other was still in Joel's hold. She had so many questions but could not get herself to ask any of them as she had seemed to get no answers before anyways.

"I love you. And I promise I will fix this. I will save you," her father told Amber.

He then leaned back from the hug to peer into her eyes which were stinging with tears. She was so confused and scared. She had yet to gain any information on what was happening to them. Her father obviously knew. What had he been hiding? And were was he going?

"I will save you. It will be no longer than a year."

He was then being pulled back into the other car by the men who surrounded him.

"Trust me!" He yelled before being shoved into the car.

Amber attempted to dart for him, but was yet again pulled back by Joel. She screamed as the car drove off with her father.