Why him?

Lord. If you hear me, I'm sorry for being such a pain when I was younger but please don't let the person who I'm supposed to be with for the rest of my life, to love unconditionally, the person who will love me for me. Please don't let it be him.

I sat ridged in my seat, hands gripping the desk so hard I could hear the wood crack. My breathing was increasing as I sat there feeling like the classroom was the size of a cardboard box, hoping with all my heart that my mate was not that dick head. Oh it better not be him, the sick creature basically ruined my life. Well my school life but I prefer my life now. I don't have to impress anyone and I don't have to act like a bitch to fit in.

Oh yeah, I never used to be a loner. I actually used to be the 'Queen Bitch' as people used to call me, original I know.

*** Flash back ***

"Haha! What the hell are you wearing! Look at that fugly top. I'm surprised you even bother to get out of bed."

She's never done anything to me why am I being a bitch to her?

"What the hell is wrong with you hair? It looks like you've been pulled through a hedge backwards. You don't even make an effort! No wonder no boy would ever even look in your direction."

She is actually really pretty. I love her hair.

My groupies laughed with me as we pushed passed the poor girl with tears brimming in her eyes. I feel like shit. I hate myself.

People were watching me as I walked. Boys would whistle at me, girls would greet me but with envious stares. People were jealous of me. I hated what I had become. I was nothing but pretentious.

*** End of flash back ***

God I was such a bitch. Well I was head cheerleader. I know right, a cheerleader how generic. But none of that matters any more.

Back to my mate, why was he taking so long to come through the door? The anticipation was killing me but at the same time I was dreading the thought of who he could be. The door creaked opened as my breath got caught in my throat, but to my disappointment it was just my home room supervisor. I let out a groan that earned me a few unwanted stares.

But as he walked into the class room the scene behind him caused an awful pain to come shooting into my chest, it was like nothing I have ever felt before. It was like having my heartbroken but instead of it being metaphorically, it felt literal.

It was like someone ripped my heart out of my chest, threw it on the floor and then crushed it. There he was my mate. I knew it was him by the way all the hairs on my arms stood up by just the mere sight of him. Well all I could see was the side of his face but boy, it was him. But he was kissing someone.

Libby.

My ex best friend, totally cliché. Well she wasn't really a friend we kind of just hung out together because we were both popular, stupid I know.

"Shit" I didn't mean to say it out loud but it just kind of slipped out. But thank god it wasn't that loud, I don't need any more stares. My mate heard because his head snapped my way and my eyes locked with his. It was like he was staring into my soul and I was kind of scared.

I took in his appearance mentally shooting myself for not noticing who it was, it was him. Colton. The person who I prayed was not my mate. He looked at me shocked, his jaw dropping and then quickly snapping shut as he regained himself. Beside him Libby was shaking him trying to get his attention but all he could do was look at was me.

"mate".

He barely whispered it but I heard it. Is my mind playing a cruel joke on me? Oh no wait that's just life. Oh universe you cruel bitch. He can't be my mate can he? Please let me be dreaming. Let me be on my bedroom floor on the cusp between being asleep and awake. My thoughts were interrupted as I saw movement through my dazed eyes, oh god he's coming towards me!

Someone help.