New year, same colton.

I didn't have any contact with Colton over the Christmas period, I ignored his texts, calls, any sort of communication with him, I ignored it. I even stopped going out so I didn't accidentally bump into him.

I felt so bad about kissing him, well not about the kiss, but about the fact that he has a girlfriend. Even if he is my mate I wouldn't want him to cheat, nobody deserves that.

It's New Year's Eve and my mums getting ready to go out with all of her friends from work,

"Are you sure you don't want to come, they wouldn't mind they all love you!"

I sighed, she's been trying to convince me to go out with her all day,

"Mum, I'll be fine really. You have fun tonight get yourself some man candy"

She laughed but I knew I shouldn't have brought that subject up, she's still tender about my dad leaving. Normally mates stay together until they die, but my dad was never the settle down guy mum always said.

The door bell rang and my mum looked puzzled, "they shouldn't be here this early, should they?" I shrugged and went down stairs to answer the door,

"She's not ready yet but you can wait in the- Anna, w-what are you doing here" I was shocked that she was here, I haven't been answering her calls either because every time I see her name it just makes me feel so guilty.

"Visiting a stranger, why haven't you been answering my calls?" She walked passed me and into my house,

"I've been, ill" I put my hand over my mouth and fake coughed but it came out sounding more like a grunt then a cough, she raised her eye brow at me, "I know you're lying, and that's why I've come round to ask you- tell you, that tonight you're coming out with Colton and I to the circus"

Wow she's sneaky, coming round my house and asking me to my face because she knows I hate saying no to people, well played Anna, well played.

"I really don't feel like it, and I'd be intruding, it's your date" she chuckled and shook her head, "this isn't up for negotiation, you're coming and that's final, now go and put some clothes on Colton will be here in two hours, hurry!"

I groaned and slumped back up the stairs, "who was that?" My mum came out of the bathroom with a tooth brush in one hand and straighteners in the other, "it was Anna, looks like I'm actually going to leave the house tonight".

About an hour and a half later I was ready and Anna was curling my hair, she kept trying to make conversation with me but I was just giving her one word answers, if I talk to much I know I'm going to tell her that I kissed colton.

I have no self control.

Mum left ages ago with the girls and now we are sitting here waiting for Colton to arrive.

"Where are you forcing me to go again?" She gave me a pointed look then shook her head, "we are happily going to the circus" my heart jumped with joy, I love the circus, just not with them two.

Colton picked us up and we headed off, "you look nice Kim" he winked at me in the rear view mirror and I was surprised Anna didn't see "yeah, yeah, yeah"

Two hours into the night and I wanted to rip my hair out. Anna and Colton have been acting like they haven't seen each other in years, always holding each others hands and clinging to each other like their life depended on it.

The main act had finished and now we are in a restaurant, having to sit opposite the happy couple is making me want to be sick everywhere.

"So colton, did you miss me over Christmas?" Anna took her hand and ran it through his hair, it was like she was a different person when she was around him, a very annoying and  boastful person.

"I did, did you miss me?" She giggled and lent in and I couldn't take it, I threw my fork down and stood up, tipping my chair over in the process. "That's it! I'm done! I've had enough of you two sitting there staring into each others eyes all loved up, you make me sick" I threw my hands up in the air and started to leave.

As I was walking everyone in the restaurant was staring at me "yeah that's right, stare all you want! Enjoy the show!" I got out side and started walking in the direction I was hoping that would lead me back to my house.

"Kim! Kim where are you going!?" I could hear Colton over my shoulder, "away from you!"

"Kim stop we need to talk to you!" I stopped and spun around with my arms crossed, "what? What could you possibly want?"

Anna was standing next to Colton with a knowing smile on her face, "you've been lied to babe" I was confused, I looked at Colton "what does she mean?"

"Listen Kim, it sounds so stupid now but I wanted you to feel how I felt, hurt, angry, and I wanted to know if you actually liked me so I asked Anna, who is a close family friend if she would do me a favour, and me being the next alpha she couldn't really say no."

"Wait.. What?" I stood there confused looking between the pair, "Anna and I are not really dating, I was just making you jealous" then Anna added "and by the looks of it, it worked"

"So you two are not actually dating?" "Nope" Colton moved forward,

"And this was all just a big ploy to see if I liked you", "yes, are you mad at me?"

I chuckled, "no I'm not mad"

He gave me a questioning look, "I'm fucking furious! What a childish thing to do! How dare you do that to me! I've been so sad and depressed over the past couple of months, I haven't been eating properly or sleeping and now you're telling me it was all a lie? You deceived me into thinking that you two were dating just so you could see if I liked you? Well this is just like a kick in the teeth, thanks very much mate"

I was literally seeing red, how dare he put me through this!

"I thought you'd be okay" Colton was advancing towards me, I pulled my fist back and threw it forward with all my might, it connected with the side of his face, he staggered backwards clutching his cheek, "Well I'm not fucking okay am I!? After all this you've put me through, making me believe that you, my mate, do not want to be with me! Do you know how that feels?"

"Yes I do know how it feels Kim! You rejected me as soon as you found out we were mates!" I winced at his tone then straightened myself up again, "well, if you weren't such an asshole to me years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation now!"

"I've said sorry to you Kim! How many more times do I have to tell you! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry for what I did and I wish I could take it back, now stop being such a bitch and love me already!"

"Fuck you Colton." And with that I turned around and walked all the way home. By the time I got there it was just turning midnight.

Happy new year to me.