Silver burns

I woke up with a satisfied feeling, like when you wake up after having your full eight hours sleep, I felt good.

I tried to get up but I was in a tangle of bed covers and a human body.

I looked to my right and Colton was laying there peacefully asleep, he had his arm around my waist and our legs were intertwined. It was the most comfortable sleeping position I have ever been in even though it didn't look it, we kinda looked like a human pretzel.

I laid there staring at him for a while until he began to stir from his slumber. I quickly laid my head down and closed my eyes so he wouldn't catch me admiring him. I felt fingers delicately brushing hair out of my face and then tucking it behind my ear. He done it so softly like he was trying not to wake me.

I smirked "like what you see" I opened my eyes to a red faced Colton, I giggled, he was so cute.

"You hungry? I'll make you breakfast" I forgot that he could cook "only if its pancakes!" He laughed at me "I'll cook whatever you want" we untangled ourselves from each other and got up. I quickly ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair, it's always a bush when I wake up.

I ran down the stairs into the kitchen to find that Colton was the only one in there. It was strange, when I lived here before it was always busy in the kitchen at breakfast time. I looked at the clock and nearly choked, it was 7 in the morning! Why was I up this early and how? I'm surprised Colton is up and moving considering all the drinking he was doing last night.

I sat there and watched him make me pancakes just admiring the way he did everything. The way he brushed flour over his forehead not knowing it was on his hands but then proceeded to put it all over his face just to make me laugh. The way he concentrated whilst stirring the batter so it didn't spill over the sides of the bowl.

He is so perfect, thank you lord for blessing me with this fine man.

I was so confused with everything going on, only a couple of weeks ago I hated the boy and now I don't want to be away from him.

"This is so weird" I thought out loud Colton stopped washing up to turn and look at me, he liked to clean up as he went along it was more 'sanitary' that way. "What's weird?" "This. Us. I mean a only like a week ago I hated your guts" he laughed "but now you can't get enough of me right?" I turned away from him to hide my blush "right"

An hour later of laughing and cooking we were sitting opposite each other eating Colton's pancakes, he was smirking as I shovelled them into my mouth very unladylike. They were amazing but I didn't want him to get too cocky.

People were starting to come into the kitchen now, they would do the usual, give me a dirty look and then ask Colton why he was sitting with me. We just ignored them.

Most of the pack was now in the kitchen and all I could hear was people bitching about me. And they weren't even doing it discretely I mean come on the could at least move more than five feet away from be before the call me a bitch.

"Colton, I think I'm just going to go to my room" I stood up from my chair and he copied my action "but you haven't even finished your pancakes" "I can't take this anymore, they're all just talking about me and I'm getting angry" he looked at everyone and then back to me "I've got an idea"

He walked into the middle of the middle of the kitchen and got up onto the table "okay everybody listen" I stopped breathing, he is not doing what I think he's doing is he? "Now I haven't been truthful with you all. A couple of years ago I was dating this girl. Kim to be exact, wave for me Kim" I begrudgingly lifted my arm and gave a small wave. "That's my girl. Now I was dating Kim and it was perfect, she's perfect. But I was an arsehole and I didn't think it was 'cool' so anyway I tried to pressure Kim into doing something that she didn't want to do. I know I'm a fucking idiot."

Colton's mum made a hissing sound at his swear word "Sorry mum. Anyway after that I went back to school and told everyone that Kim had slept with four different guys during our relationship when she hadn't. Why did I do this? Because I was a stupid little boy who liked getting his own way. I was a little prick, sorry mum, who ruined his own life and has felt like shit for all these years for doing what I did to my mate"

The room filled with gasps and muffled conversation, I laughed "and I just wanted to say that Kim, I am so sorry for everything that I have done to you and would you please please please, be my girlfriend"

He jumped down off of the table and I ran to him and he scoped me up into a hug "of course I will I mean I can't really say no, you're kinda the alphas son" he laughed and kissed my forehead.

People that I use to be friends with were coming up to be and apologising for being mean to me and making up all these bullshit excuses why they didn't talk to me. I really couldn't care less, I just told everyone that I forgave them and that it's all in the past but I don't really think it will ever be the same. I saw Anna amongst the mass of people in the kitchen and she came up to me and begged for my forgiveness about the whole 'dating my mate' situation, I just laughed and hugged her. She is my best friend after all.

But I was waiting for one person to try and speak to me, to see if she would even try to say anything to me. Then I saw the mass of blonde hair trudging towards me. I tugged on Colton's shirt and cocked my head in her direction "I think I'll just leave you two alone" he scurried off before I could do anything about it.

"Kim" "libby" she sighed "I'm guess I'm sorry for everything that I did and what not" she looked around her cautiously and I was confused "it's fine don't worry" she opened her arms "bestfriends?" Before I said anything she pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

Then all of a sudden I felt an excruciating pain in my right hip, it was a disgusting burning sensation that killed. Libby pulled me close "you were never my friend, I was using you to get to Colton. And now that you're going to die, I'm going to have an amazing time being Luna, have fun in hell.

She let go of me and I looked down to see a silver knife sticking out of my hip. Well, so much for bestfriends.