Ch:4 I'm holding on but you're letting go

Daniel can't see Nina in pain anymore while Nina can't loose him.

              Daniel Pov:

        I rang the door bell. Two minutes later Nate opened the door.

        "Danny!" He yelled pulling me in a hug.

        "Missed you too Nate." I replied hugging him back. We pulled apart and he hugged Nina.

         "Where the hell have you been?" He asked her. She hugged him back.

          "That one has been keeping me hostage for a month." She teased. Phoebe came up.

            "Is she pregnant yet?" She asked me. I laughed.

           "Not yet." Nina looked at us like we were insane.  She hugged Phoebe.

           "I swear you all are insane." We went inside and met up with the others. I looked at Nina as she hugged Paul, I could see the love in her eyes. He was like an older brother to her and it was cute. They put on the music. I went over to Paul and Nina and took her by the hands as we began to dance.

                  Nina Pov:

             We all started to dance. Daniel put his arms around my waist. I shut my eyes for a minute. When I opened them I realized that Candice wasn't here, even when we came in she wasn't there.

               "I'm going to ask Paul about Candice." I told Danny. He nodded. I walked over to where Paul was. He was talking with Ian. I hugged Ian.

             "Hey Wesley, where's your fiancée?" I asked wrapping my arms around Ian's torso.

            "She said she'll be here in five minutes." He answered. We were all talking loudly so we can here each other over the music.

           "I don't know Paul, I think she gave up on you." Ian teased.

           "Very funny Somerhalder." Claire later joined us with Daniel, Steven, Nate, Phoebe, Micahel, Zach, Matt,  Joseph, Nate, Sara, and Danielle. I let go of Ian and wrapped my arms around Danny's torso. I put my head on his chest. "Drop It Like It's Hot" By Snoop Dogg ft. Pharell Williams started playing. All the girls stood in front of their men and we began to drop it like it's hot. Then we heard someone yell. The music stopped and we turned to see Candice making her way to us.

           "What the hell Candice?" Paul questioned.

           "What are you doing with that?" She slurred pointing at me.

          "Are you drunk?" Claire asked. She laughed.

         "Me drunk? Nice one Rebekkah." Oh god.

         "I think you should take her home." Mike told Paul. He nodded.

          "Shut up Tyler! I hate you so much!" She yelled.

         "Paul she's gonna make a scene." Danielle told him. He grabbed Candice's arm. She moved it away.

           "I'm not drunk Stefan." She smiled.

           "Just go with him." Steven said.

          "Where's Bonnie Jeremy?"

          "Oh good lord Candice." Sara said.

          "It's Carloine, we are filming."

           "No we aren't." Matt sighed.

           "Let's go Candice." Paul commanded reaching for her arm, but she was faster. She looked back at me.

          "Y-you are a s-slut Elena, first with both Salvatores then with a M-Mikaleson, ha. I knew you would end up revealing your true self to all of us." I felt like she slapped me with ice cold water. Paul grabbed her arm tightened his grip and led her out of the house.

              "I'm not drunk." We heard her say.

             "Danny let's go." I told him. He just nodded. I told everyone goodbye and left. A few minutes later Daniel came up behind me.

                      Daniel Pov:

               We drove back to my house. We were both silent. I can't believe what Candice did even if she was drunk. I parked my car and we got out. I unlocked the front door and Nina ran up to my room. I heard the door shut close. I sighed. I ran up behind her. I knocked on the door. She didn't answer. I opened the door to see her on the bed. Her face was burried into the pillow. I went over to the bed and sat by her. I placed my hand on her back.

                "Babe can we talk?" I asked. She shook her head.

               "Tomorrow?" She nodded. I changed into my gym shorts. I took off my shirt and got into the bed. Nina got up and changed into her pjs. She slipped into the bed and wrapped her arms around me. I smiled. I wrapped one arm around her neck and the other around her waist. Her eyes were red. I sighed. I couldn't see her like that.

               "I love you." She told me as she shut her eyes.

               "I love you." I told her and kissed her head. She flipped over to her other side, so her back faced me. I wrapped my arm back around her waist pulling her closer to me. My eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep.

                    ****

              I woke up the next morning to a nice smell. I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. I then went downstairs to find two plates of waffles, chocolate syrup, eggs,  two steaming mugs of coffee, and a beautiful girl.

              "Morning." She smiled.

             "Mornin." I smiled back. I went over to her and kissed her lips. We sat down and began to eat.

            "What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee. I sighed.

              "Nina, I can't see you in pain any more." I told her.

             "You won't see me in pain any more I won't talk to them." She replied.

            "You won't talk to them because of me?" I asked. She nodded.

            "I know it's not all their fault, but if I'm happy with you does anything else matter?" I don't want to be selfish. I shook my head.

               "Yes there are other things that matter." I told her.

               "Like what?" She questioned.

              "Like the fact that they are your friends who love you, like Paul is like your brother."  She looked away from me.

              "I'll see Paul." She assured me.

              "Babe as much as I hate to say this, I think they are better for you than I am." I explained. She looked back at me quickly. She shook her head.

             "Daniel," She only calls me Daniel when she is serious. "I need you, I want you, and no one else." I sighed.

             "I'm holding on but you're letting go." She told me.