14

SABRINAS POV

TWO WEEKS LATER

It's been the longest two weeks of my life. All I have been doing is crying and sleeping. I haven't eaten a whole lot which could scare my family because when Nick was diagnosed with diabetes, he got really thin all of a sudden. I wake up one morning feeling a bit better but very hungry. I've gotten food everyday but have barely eaten any of it. I'm pissed at Joe because of the fight he's in with Sam still. After two weeks, two older kids can't get along. I call them children. I get up one morning and feel dizzy and kinda weak. I walk into my bathroom and take my weight. I've lost 25 pounds sense two weeks. My family's gonna freak. Today is the day. I'm finally gonna speak up. I've been a mess and still miss her so much but I need to get myself together. My brothers aren't on tour because of me and they need to start back up again. I walk out of the bathroom and head downstairs quietly knowing my family is talking about me and there all up because it's later in the afternoon. I walk into my hallway and just stand there for a minute listening.
J: but mom, she needs help.
D: Joseph, let her deal with this right now. When she's ready to talk, she will ok.
K: but mom, I agree with Joe. She needs to speak up soon or I'm gonna get something out of her.
N: you know, I'll wait, but it better be soon ok.
Sa: do I hear someone talking about me?
They all turn around confused. Then they realize it was me. Joe gets up and picks me up and spins me around. I get back onto the floor and my mom hugs me. Then Nick for a long time. He seems kinda upset but he's glad I'm talking again. Then Kevin. He started to cry a little bit but was happy that I'm talking.
D: did you hear everything.
Sa: from not talking for two week, yes. And I have a few things on my mind.
K: ok, spill it.
Sa: first, why did you stop tour. I mean it was nice having you guys with me but it's your dream. You should go live it and I would have been fine. Yeah I wouldn't have talked until you where home but still. Second, Joseph don't you think your ok with me right now. Fighting with your best friend. He hasn't even told me anything and I want to know. But your telling me later, when we are alone. Third and final, man it's good to talk.
K: you had a lot on your mind.
N: we stopped touring because we where worried sick about you and we couldn't go on ok. Then it's Joes problem to talk with you. And it's good to have you back.
I go around for hugs again but before I hugged Kev, he gave me a look.
Sa: what?
K: you seem a lot thinner then last time you came out here.
Mom just drops what she's doing and looks at me.
D: oh no. Should we be worried?
Sa: it's fine. I'm gonna be ok. I just lost a few pounds from not eating a whole lot.
D: ok, but if anything else is wrong, where going. Got it.
Sa: fine.
Then I get my hug from Kevin. Then they all look at me still worried.
Sa: well, go tell dad that you guys are going back on tour in a few days.
N: really, your ok.
Sa: yeah, I just need to be strong. She wants me to and that's what I'm going to do.
I look at Kev and he smiles knowing about the talk we had. They all go get dad and tell him everything. He comes out and gives me a hug then he's back on the phone rescheduling everything and alerting the band. It's good to be back. Then Joe tries to sneak away without me noticing.
Sa: not so fast Joseph. Come with me.
We walk to my room and I take on my bed and he sits next to me.
Sa: why haven't you guys been talking. I'm worried about him but he wont say anything till I have a conversation with you.
J: ok, well he came over the other day while you where asleep. I told him and he said ok. We got to talking and he wanted to get you to talk but I told him that we are taking out time and waiting for you to talk. Then he got a bit angry, he punched me on accident and I punched him back. Then he left and we haven't talked sense.
Sa: oh, so it's not your fault. Well I'm gonna have a talk with him and you two are going to apologize.
J: what, why me.
Sa: why did you punch him back.
J: ok true.
Sa: stay here, I'm gonna call him.
I grab my phone and get up but I got all dizzy and everything rushed to my head. Before I reached the bathroom, I fell on the floor and blacked out.
JOES POV
Bri went to talk to Sam but she seemed a little out of it when she got up. Before she could reach the bathroom, she blacked out. I run over to her but don't know what to do. I pick her up and run downstairs to see everybody sitting either in the kitchen or living room.
D: what the hell happened.
J: I don't know, Kevin, Nick. Let's go, mom we are taking her and you guys can meet us at the hospital. She blacked out and I don't know. LETS GO GUYS.
They get up and we rush out the door. Kevin drives while Nick and I are in the back with Bri.
K: how is she.
J: I-I don't know. She hasn't woken up.
We arrive at the hospital moments later. Kevin runs out and goes and tells the front desk. Minutes later, nurses come out with a stretcher and put Bri on it. They take her back while we meet up with mom and dad.
D: Joseph, what the hell happened?
J: I-I don't know. She was going to call Sam, but before she made it to the bathroom, she blacked out on her floor.
P: this can't be good. Let's go in.
We all walk inside and dad tells the front desk about them and to tell them when alerted. We all take a seat in the waiting room and just sit in silence for a little bit.
D: maybe it's stress. Or it's her becoming very thin. Do you guys see her when she's eating?
K: the few times this and last week, she's eaten very little but it was enough to keep her weight in control.
J: yeah, that's what I saw.
N: so did I. This can't be happening to her.
P: Don't forget when you where diagnosed, the doctor said there was a chance of her having it also.
N: that's why I hate hospitals. Worst news I've ever gotten in life. And on the day she speaks up. Why.
D: hopefully it's nothing. She's going to be ok. Hopefully they can prevent it. We just gotta hope.
Then the doctor come out.
Doc: Sabrina Jonas.
Mom and Dad go up to him and we hear the conversation.
Doc: she's on risk and her sugars where low. If we keep her on and IV for the next few days, it might go back to normal. But we don't know, we want to keep her over night but I'm sorry, your daughter might have diabetes. Does anyone in your family have it?
P: her twin brother does.
Doc: oh, ok well at least we know it's not from no where. But hopefully we can keep it under control and she can go back to normal but be on a strict diet for the next few days if we are able to keep her sugars up. One person for right now can see her then the rest of you can.
P: thank you.
He walks away and mom and dad come over to us we tell them we know what he said and they were silent for a second.
D: Nick, do you want to go see her first?
NICKS POV
I was a little bit shocked when my parents asked me to see her first.
N: yeah, okay.
I get up and the nurse leads me to her room. I walk in and she's laying there looking at me.
Sa: Nick, I'm-I'm scared.
N: I know, so am I. But hopefully they can keep your sugars up.
Sa: I know, but what if I do have diabetes?
N: we will go through this together ok.
Sa: yeah, how is everyone.
N: there doing fine. Joe had the biggest scare. He was with you and when you blacked out, he didn't know what to do.
Sa: oh, well can someone tell Sam about this.
N: either me or Kevin will call him ok.
I give her another big hug and the rest of the family walks in.
SABRINAS POV
The rest of the family comes in and rushes over to me.
D: how are you feeling?
Sa: a little dizzy but that's normal.
P: ok, did the doctor tell you everything.
Sa: yeah, I'm just freaking out a bit.
D: we know honey, your not in this alone. You have all of us.
Sa: I know but sometimes it feels like I'm alone.
N: it will at first but it gets better.
Sa: thanks Nick. 
The doctor walks back in and says one person can stay with me for the night sense it was later then expected. They decided that Nick would stay and if I needed anything during the night to call. Everyone leaves and it's just Nick and I.
Sa: Nick.
N: yeah?
Sa: what if I do end up with diabetes.
N: I would show you and help you out. But you would have to eat boring stuff like what I usually eat.
Sa: great, does that mean Cheerios for breakfast.
N: yep!
We both break out into laughter and I got sleepy all of a sudden.
Sa: I should sleep.
N: yeah, get some rest so hopefully your sugars will go up.
I made room on my bed for Nick to sleep on. He gets next to me and I put my head on his shoulder. We both soon drift off to sleep and I felt very protected and comfortable.
————————
Hope you enjoyed!
Will Bri get over her sugar scare?
Or will she have diabetes like her twin brother?