Wolf Fighter chapter 16

Hi guys thanks you for fanning, commenting , voting and reading.  This is going to be a short one and I kinda rushed through it too.  I wanted to make sure I put something up for you guys to read since I did promise to upload once a week.   

***

Jack’s POV

I have never seen someone move as Trina did in her little round with Liam.  Well, at least in the beginning but I wonder why she slowed down after she scratched him.  She could have had that fight in the bag with in seconds.  Was she giving him the benefit of the doubt?  Did she want to save face in front of his pack?  What made Liam want to get in a fight with her anyways?

“What the hell is going on hear,” Karen said coming out of the house making Liam stop in his tracks.

I watched Karen as she was coming towards us.  Everyone knows not to mess with the hand that feeds you. I looked to Liam and he had his head bent down in shame.  I looked back to Karen and she looked pissed.  Liam walked towards Trina and stood by her but she took a step away from him but caught her wrist making her stop moving away from him.

Karen came and stood in front of them and looked at Trina with a huge smile on her face, “You must be Trina,” she said to her.

“Yes ma’am,” Trina replied.

“It’s wonderful to meet you” Karen said and wrapped her a tight hug.  She looked towards Liam for some help but he had a smug expression on his face, “I’m Karen, Liam’s mother.”

Karen turned to her son and growled at him leaving one arm around Trina and guiding her back towards the house she came from earlier.  I turned back to Liam and quirked an eyebrow at him but he was watching his mom and mate retreat back into the house.

I walked towards him shaking my head, “What was that all about,” I asked him.  I had to make sure that all his cylinders were firing off correctly.  I really don’t want to see Trina mad and taking out her aggression on him, things may not workout for him next time.

“Okay everyone show is over.  Please go back to whatever you were doing, ”Liam said turning to face his pack members, plastering on a fake smile.  I heard some people say they were thankful not to have a mate who was feisty.  I shrugged a shoulder to his opinion, for me I like them feisty it makes life more fun.  Plus, I can only imagine what making up with my mate consist of in our bedroom.

It took sometime for people to leave the arena but finally Liam and I were alone.  “I could have beaten her Jack,” he said facing me, “Apparently, she’s not what everyone makes her out to be.  I don’t know how she defeated those other Alphas, they must have been weak for to win,” Liam said.

I could not believe the words that are coming out of his mouth.  Does he actually believe the words he spewing to me?  “Liam, did you not see how fast she moved in the beginning.  She allowed that to happen she could have torn you into kibble.  I think she was playing around with you since your pack was watching.  She didn’t want you to lose face in front of them,” I told him.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leveled a glare at me, “I don’t think she is-.”

“Dude, Liam, trust me, she did it on purpose.  She KILLED eight Alphas for crying out loud.  They all can’t be weak.  I mean seriously, would they be the head of their pack if they were inferior to their members?  Her father groomed her to be a warrior, Liam.  When your mom broke up the fight she wasn’t even winded.  You were,” I said. 

Liam stared into the ground, “Let me give you a piece of advice, bro.  Not everyone is blessed to find his or her mate.  By the Goddess, you have.  Don’t screw this up because of your pride.  If you do, you’re going to be a lonely wolf wallowing in your pity for your loss. You’re going to lose her, Liam.  What kind of leader are you portraying telling the pack to behave one-way and your behaving oppositely.  They are not going to want to follow a hypocrite,” I turned on my heels and walked back towards the house leaving Liam to his thoughts. 

“Oh, one more thing,” I turned to face my Alpha, “We are designed for true companionship based on mutual respect, genuine love, and commitment.  That requires time and selfless devotion but also transparency—which means being real, even about our faults.  Taking such a risk requires trust.  Such relationships are well worth the effect. Don’t you think?”  I turned back towards the house and left them him there, again.

I hope he can be the Alpha I know he can be. 

--

Trina’s POV

“I’m sorry my son has –“ she said as soon we made it into the house.  She shook her head when she didn’t finish her sentence.  She kept walking in the direction of the kitchen.

“Karen, you’re not the one that needs to apologize.  You didn’t cause anything to happen.  By the way, I don’t blame him for his actions.  I have a reputation of a person that should be put to death,” I said following behind her.

She turned around quickly, “No dear, don’t say those kind of things,” she said while embracing me.  I stood there with my hands to my side, feeling uncomfortable.  I’m not use to this.  I grew up without this type of affection, with no affection.  At all.

I heard a chuckle behind me.  I guess I was to involve with what we going on with Karen to notice someone was behind me.  I craned my neck to look behind me and noticed Jack was there watching the display of friendliness before him.  I guess it’s ok to say that he saw how uncomfortable I was in Karen’s arms that he made a gester of returning her embrace back and patting the air on it’s back.  I did like he showed me and returned her embrace and pat her on the back a few times and to my amazement she let go and smiled at me. 

“Excuse me ladies,” Jack said and maneuvered around us to get by.  I’m must thank him later because without him I would be stuck in Karen’s hug. 

“Trina can you help me finish cooking, please,” she asked me breaking me out of my thoughts of Jack.  I can’t believe she asked me to cook!  I haven’t cooked a day in my life.  I’m sure I can burn water!

“I don’t know how to cook,” I whispered.  This is going to be embarrassing.

“”Don’t worry dearie, then you can keep me company while I’ll do the rest,” she said to me.  I said ok and sat at the stool when we got to the kitchen.

--

Liam’s POV

After Jack left I transformed into my wolf and jogged into the forest.  I needed to clear my mind of what have been going lately.  I don’t want to be perceived as a hypocrite or a bad leader.  My dad once told me, ‘A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way (John C. Maxwell),’ I always thought I knew what that meant but by my actions says other words.  I need to be more for my pack; I need to follow my own advice, guidance, and to be able to trust others.

How can I trust Trina when she has killed other people for gain?  Yeah, I know she was following her dads orders but…  I don’t know what to do?  How can I be with someone like that? Jack talked about respect, genuine love, commitment, and love.  I really don’t know how to be those things but through trail and error.

She is beautiful, everything about her captivates me and when she fights, it’s all fluid from one movement to the next like a memorized dance but that’s all I know about her.  Will she forgive me if I apologize to her?  Will she be friend first before we jump into something serious?  Will she even want too?

***

Tanya