Wolf Fighter chapter 2

February 15, 2021 9:37 pm revision

_____________________________

When I got out of the car my brother shoved me into my room and although I get treated badly by my family at least let me have some luxuries... ok maybe not some. King sized bed with a black down blanket, name brand clothing, make-up (which I have to wear on rare occasions, any type of shoes that I want.  Basically, I can have anything I want to keep me happy.  I guess my family thinks that if they buy me with possessions then I'm a happy camper.  Yeah right.  A happy camper is far what I am.  Is it too much to ask to be loved, cherished and taken care of?

"Enjoy your night in your room because you won't be seeing it for a couple of days," he said as he left and locked me in my room.

I knew what he was talking about, my punishment.  For every time someone lands a hit on me I get three whip lashes on my back which is my father's favorite type of discipline.  I guess I'm use to it by now but it still hurts like hell.  Another part of my hell is Joey's Beta, Caleb, when he comes to patch me up. He always tries to take advantage of me after my beatings.  Unfortunately, Caleb is a good looking guy. He's 6'3", blond curly hair, blue eyes, strong jaw, fair skin, and has rip body.  I would drool if I was attracted to him.

After my shower, I put on my pj's which consists of a blank tank top with a shelf bra built inside and black stretchy booty shorts. I hopped inside my bed and try to go some sleep. I was trying to gather my sanity to deal with my ordeal tomorrow but sleep evaded me.

***

Joey's POV

"Caleb wake up," I banged on his door as I walked by his room. Meet me in the kitchen  I said through our mind-link.

I need him to prepare Trina this morning so I can finish my paperwork in my office.  My father always pushed me to be my best for my pack, be good steward of the finances, save money and not squander it away like some foolish Alphas I have known.  My dad is a good man but we always don't agree eye to eye on things.  Trina is a good example.  I hate what he has done to her.  She always took care of me after mom died.  She filled that void in my life.  My dad on the other hand became brutal, barbaric towards her telling her it's all her fault  mother was gone.  I never believed it though.  My mother would have gave up her life to save me if I was in Trina's place.  

When my father gave me Trina's Alpha title I was speechless, I didn't want it but he forced it on me.  At least, with me as Alpha she has a shot at life. I know I act like I despise her but I don't.

I shook my head as I got to the kitchen as I heard Caleb's feet on the stairs meeting me in the kitchen.  He was still in his pj's, I hate waking up pack members when all I want to do is sleep in myself.

"Hey Joey, what's up?"

"Don't let my father hear you call me by my first name. You know what he's like," he nodded as he walked by me.

I looked around the room and focused my hearing around it to make sure no one was coming and interrupt our conversation.  I hate days like this.  I motioned him to sit at the table, "I need you to prepare Trina this morning," I held up my hand before he can cut me off, "I know you don't like doing it but I have things I have to do and I only trust you to be gentle with her,"  I whispered while rubbing my eyes with the palm of my hands.  Caleb is the only other person who knows how I truely feel.  He has never used it against me like some people I know would have like any of the packs which have become new editions to us over the years.  That's another thing that I don't agree with my dad, this need to rule over others of our kind.  Over the years I have realized he's trying to build the largest pack of our kind. If he isn't careful with what he's doing the guards are going to come here.  I turned and gripped my hands to the table when I felt Caleb was staring at me.  He held my gaze.  I growled at him because my wolf didn't like him starring at us, challenging us.  He dropped his eyes to the table only to look towards the stove besides me.  Wise man I thought.  Any wolf knows not to look into the eyes of an Alpha unless he is challenging him for his position.

"Joey, you are the Alpha now, you can stop this, you make all the decisions  now not that sorry excuse for a father.  The pack is going to follow you not him.  She's your sister for crying out loud, you have to protector her," he slammed his hand into the table then looking outside through the french doors to our right making sure no one over heard him.  "Man, she deserves better than this."   If  I didn't know any better I would think he has feelings for her.  "Wake up Joey because your dad has made us the most feared pack around.  I mean really, what are you going to do with all those people."  I stood up letting him know that our conversation was done. I didn't want to hear what he was saying anymore.  "Just get her ready, Caleb," and I turned to leave. I'm tired of hearing him preach what I already know.

Before I reached my office I realized my father was in there, I can smell his stench from where I stood.  Uh, why me?  I took a deep breath and open the oak doors to see my father sitting at my desk. "Dad, what can I do you for?"  I walked towards him.  "Please get off my chair so I can complete some paperwork."  He got off my chair as soon as I reached him and I sat down.  "What do you need?"  I motioned for him to sit down on the chair in front of my desk.

"After I deal with that sorry excuse of a daughter I want to talk to you about expanding our territory.  I believe after the lesson she learns today she won't mess up again.  She has won seven pack challenges-"  I had to stop him right there because what Caleb said earlier was coming to the fore front of my mind.

"How many more packs do you plan on challenging?" I put my hands together and looked at him and leaned back in my chair.  "What does this accomplish?  Why are you still getting involved in pack business?  You told me yourself that you were tired and wanted to go in retirement."  I said rubbing my forehead.

"Joey, son, what are you talking about?" He asked me with his arms open wide." We are the most feared pack alive because of Trina.  When we go and challenge other Alphas they would just bow down to us and hand over there packs so they can keep there life."  He stood up and start to pace behind the chairs.  There is no us I thought to myself.  "Plus, I'm tired of retirement, it's boring."  My goodness, he sounds like a child.

"What about Trina?  What if she dies?  Then your plan goes out the door."  He stops pacing and sits down again.

"Look, Joseph, I'm going to tell you something that I have not told no one before.  My back up plan.  You and Trina have a half sister.  She-"

I was stunned. He did not just tell me that.

"You're going to be our down fall father. Get. Out. Now," I pointed to my door. 

A half sister. I wonder if my mother knew.

***

Caleb's POV

After getting ready, I left to get Trina in her room.  I knocked on to let her know I was going to open the it.  I knew she was in front it because she took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  I stood outside her door waiting for her to come out. She was wearing that vanilla scent that I loved so much, some black stretch pants and a bloody shirt she always wear to these things.  It  was a yellow shirt that she made into a halter top with a low back.  When she was younger her father would rip her shirts open in the back so the whip would meet her flesh.  The sounds are sickening when the whip tears her flesh open.  I have no words to describe the sound of flesh opening. 

I have never hate someone so much as their father.

Joey, we're on our way down.

Trina's hair was in a messy bun which looked really good on her.  She is so beautiful.  I wish she was my mate and even if she wasn't I wished she could give me a chance.  She always told me she was waiting for her mate to come and rescue her.  One, I appreciate her honesty.  Two, I hope she does find her mate or he finds her.  I want to see her happy. The important thing at the moment is not let her brother know I have feelings for her.

"I'm so sorry to do this to you Trina but it's time," I said dejectedly.  I really didn't want to do this.  I motioned her to walk in front of me so we can walk to the back of the pack house together.  

"It's not your fault Caleb, there's only two people I blame for this."  She said walking out of the french doors to the backyard.

***

hope you like let me know what you think.

comment

vote

fan 

or just enjoy.

Thx for reading!

tanya