Chapter 18

KARA'S POV

We pull up to the address Perrie sent us and it's a house will a sold sign in the front yard. I pull into the driveway and as I park I hear an earth shattering scream and a bleached blonde is running at me and I jump out of my car and open my arms for a hug.
"Welcome to the best team ever. Team blonde" Perrie laughs and kisses my cheeks.
"Hi Per, I needed a change "I smile as she greets the other girls.
"Come in...come in. I've ordered take away and I have rom-coms, thrillers and comedies" Perrie says while opening the front door. Her two dogs come running over to say hi. Alysha and I are sniffed head to toe.
"Aww Hatchi misses Penny, we should do a play date soon." Alysha says as Hatchi sniffs me repeatedly and Perrie nods in agreement.
"Please tell me there is wine somewhere here?" Eleanor asks while ignoring Louis' third phone call since we picked her up 20 minutes ago.
"White is in the fridge, red is on the coffee table." A deep voice says and we all turn to the handsome lad in the kitchen.
"I told you the girls were coming by, and I also said no grey sweats" Perrie playfully scolds the heartthrob.
"Sorry ladies, I left my wallet in the bedroom. Alysha, Eleanor and Kara nice to meet you  and hopefully we can meet properly at miss Layla's birthday next week. " We all nod as Perrie hands him his wallet and kisses him goodbye.
"Uhm! Hello Miss Edwards, please explain to the group who the sex on the stick is!" Eleanor says while opening the white wine and I blush while Alysha laughs.
"Oh, he's my boyfriend" Perrie says nonchalantly.
"Ladies, has there been a mention of a new boyfriend in the group chats or FaceTime calls? Not even in the press yet!" Eleanor continues to press the issue.
"If it's based off abs, he's the one. If it's based off the grey sweats, he's the one. Does he have a name?" I ask
"We could call him Mr. Grey" Alysha adds and the girls all laugh
"Ha ha ha so funny you three are" Perrie rolls her eyes and joins her friends laughter.
"His name is Alex, things are just becoming more serious, he plays footy, and I invited him to Layla's party, if that's okay" Perrie says looking at Eleanor.
"The more the merrier, just text my party planner" she gulps down her wine
"Yeah that's fine, he's at least welcomed" I say taking a sip from my glass.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Perrie asks her friends with a confused look on her face
"Liam is coming and bringing the baby and the devil" Alysha says with an angered tone
"You're fucking joking, right?" Perrie asks
"No ma'am she is not. I told Louis to take back the invite, Kar. " Eleanor says
"It's fine, it was going to happen eventually and I'm glad it won't happen on a red carpet but in El's new backyard where Harry and Niall will most likely drown the guy for looking at me. " I simply state.
"Okay let's eat and gossip, yea?" Alysha asks.

The girls spend the day cuddled up on the couch under blankets. Laughing, crying, singing, talking and yelling can be heard throughout the house. At one point Eleanor is crying so hard at the movie that Alysha takes the wine away from her. Perrie looks around at her friends and sighs contently.

PERRIE'S POV

"Let's raise a glass, even you El. Things have changed but I would like to thank four British boys for giving me the sisters I always wanted. We wouldn't be where we are without them and although half are scum, I'm thankful for you three. To One Direction" I say and we clink glasses and sip. I give Kara's hand a soft squeeze and we share a smile.

"Okay now I need help filling all 4 walk-in  closets. Whose ready to go shopping?" I ask and the girls quickly cleanup the living room. El chugs two water bottles as Alysha puts the food away and Kara does the dishes. I  let Hatchi and Luna out and fills their food and water bowls.

We all get into my truck and drive off to the town square.  We grab Starbucks and go unnoticed by the paparazzi, which is alarming.
"Huh? No one knows who we are, this is cool" Eleanor says loudly and people look at us
"Alysha, why didn't you cut her off sooner?" Kara laughs pulling Eleanor into a high end boutique. We each leave the shop an hour later with two bags each. We continue adventuring and I'm even stopped for pictures and autographs. I ask them all to post them later as my friends and I are trying to enjoy a low key day. Some even asked the other girls to join the pictures. We had just walked into a cafe and sat to enjoy a late lunch. The waiter flirted poorly with Kara and she shrugged it off and smiled at the guy. Alysha asked him if he was single and when he said no we all seemed to lose interest in the playful flirting.

As we are walking back to the car. we hear a girl shouting Kara's name. We stop and Kara turns to look at her.
"Hi, my name is Ava, I am truly inspired by you, your story and your confidence. Can I have a picture?" She asks sweetly and I smile.
"Sure, just me though?" Kara asks her.
"Yes please, no offense Perrie, El and Alysha. You all are fabulous role models though" Ava says softly
"I'll take it" I offer as Kara poses next to Ava.
I hand her back her phone and we all hug her.
"It's not my place, but Liam really fucked up" Ava says and walks away.
Alysha looks at Kara and they both start laughing and the girls quickly walk back to my truck as night falls.
We head back to the house and the girls put everything in Kara's car and then we exchange quick hugs.
"I'll see you tomorrow for family dinner, ladies. El, sober up dammit" I say and she flips me off

ALYSHA'S POV

Once we are on the road again I open Twitter and see that the #corefour is trending and there are pictures of me and my best friends. I see Avas's tweets and choose to follow her and a few other people before joining the conversation in the car.
"El are you sober enough to go be a mom?" Kara's asks, her voice filled with concern
"Yes, I warned Louis and Layla is asleep already. Thank you for a great day ladies. Can't wait to celebrate my little angel's birthday with my boss babes" she says while climbing out of the car. She is greeted by Louis who waves at us.
"Are you okay?" Alysha asks me
"Honestly, yes. I had a great day and I'm glad Perrie is back home. I'm glad we are all together again." I say smiling at Alysha and she smiles back.

HARRY'S POV

"Liam I think you should leave now. The girls are do back soon and you being here will just upset her even more. " I say annoyed at the stubborn man
"No I need to see her before next weekend. I need to make sure we are okay.  I...I need to know she doesn't hate me. " Liam says and I hear someone clear their throat. I look up to see a pissed off Alysha and shocked Kara. Liam jumps to his feet.
"Where are the dogs?" Kara asks not looking at our guest.
"They are in the backyard, Penny went to bite him and Jack and Cooper went after him too" Harry's says while looking out the window seeing the dogs playing.
"Why are you here?" Alysha asks giving Liam a look that might strike him dead
"I need to talk to you" He says looking at Kara
"She doesn't-" Alysha starts to say but stops as she hears Kara talking.
"I heard, you needed to see my before next weekend, why I'm not entirely sure of. You want to make sure we are okay? I am perfectly fine, you look sleep deprived, babies will do that to you, huh? You also wanted to make sure I didn't hate you...I don't. I did but holding onto that negative energy was draining. The truth is I could care less for you. What you did is unforgivable, and that's the funny part. The story spread and you didn't even give me a second. You were packed up and out of my house by the time the issues were printed. I will act civil if we are ever in the same room but other than that I want nothing to do with you, Liam. Please leave my house before I let the dogs back in" Kara says never moving her eyes from mine and I'm truly stunned.
"I...I'm -" I start but she cuts me off
"Don't you dare say you're sorry. One, you aren't. Two, sorry should've been about 13 months ago when a woman showed up at my home asking if her baby's father was THERE?!" Kara loses her calm composure.
"Liam I think it's best you leave, now. " Harry says while pushing his band mate out.

KARA'S POV

I open the back door and sit on the deck. Penny comes up to me and puts he head in my lap.
"Hey girlie, good job going after him" I softly whisper while kissing her head.
I heard the door open and Harry and Alysha join me on the deck.
"I'm sorry, I should not have let him in" Harry starts off apologizing.
"Harry, you didn't know his plan, also you guys work together which is why I will be civil" I say smiling at the sad boy
"That makes one of us, I almost punched him." Alysha says and I laugh
"Thank you but he'd press charges and I won't allow you to get a record because of his stupidity. Let's just enjoy the rest of our night?" I ask my roommates.
"Are we still doing family dinner tomorrow?" Alysha asks us both.
"Yeah, I'm down if you ladies are" Harry says
"Okay so we should place a food order now" I say while throwing the tennis ball Jack  dropped in my lap.

That night I spent hanging out with my two friends, our dogs and the unsettling feeling that this wouldn't be the last of Liam showing up uninvited.