Part 19: Dawn Zulueta admits to being picky about acting projects

"Any time that will get me back to work is the time away from my family. So, I better make sure that whatever work I choose is something I really enjoy," explains Dawn Zulueta about why she chooses her showbiz projects carefully.

Actress Dawn Zulueta admires how the younger generation of actors gives importance to their job.

During the press conference for her upcoming soap Walang Hanggan, Dawn relates that her attitude towards work used to be laid-back.

"I remember, during my time, I don't know about the others, but I wasn't that serious.

"You know, noong bata pa ako, 'Okay, I'm here.' It's fun but I wasn't really paying that much attention," she recalls.

The young celebrities of today, says Dawn, are more dedicated, "I've noticed na they pay special attention now to their craft.

"At their age, at the beginning of their career, they are already seriously contemplating that the track of their acting...and are going to live a lasting stay.

"I noticed now that they're more serious, and they seem to be better trained."

CHANGING PRIORITIES. But things began changing for the 42-year-old actress since she became a mom.

At present, "I'm very careful kasi with the project I choose. I don't accept everything," she says.

The primary reason: "My priority is my family."

Whenever she's offered a new project, time is a major consideration for Dawn and her husband, Davao Representative Anton Lagdameo.

For Dawn, "Anytime that will get me back to work is the time away from my family. So, I better make sure that whatever work I choose is something I really enjoy."

Accepting Walang Hanggan will still give her enough time for Jacobo and Ayisha.

"Well, I only shoot Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so, in between these days especially during weekends, I'm home.

"Luckily, I have my mom who lives nearby and who can always check on them."