Part 17: Dawn Zulueta explains why she likes shopping for expensive clothes

On Dawn Zulueta: Two-year-old Valentino dress, five-year-old Jimmy Choo sandals, and a Chanel clutch.

When you think of women with timeless beauty, Dawn Zulueta never fails to cross the mind.

The Walang Hanggan actress, who’s now in her mid-40s, still looks radiant and elegant as if time hadn’t passed.

In a recent interview with PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal), Dawn said that aside from regular beauty treatments, what keeps her looking young is her penchant for classic clothing.

At the 30th anniversary party of Facial Care Center, held October 1 at the Manila Peninsula Hotel in Makati, Dawn said, “Me, I just stick to what is comfortable.

“For me, [my rule] is always [to choose] what’s comfortable for you to wear and you will always look elegant.

“I’m not so much into the trends, like, what is in and out.

“I just pick some of the things that I think I like, na bagay sa akin, and I mix and match it with my old stuff.”

Dawn admitted that when it comes to shopping for clothes and accessories, she favors mostly the high-end and expensive brands.

She says, “You know, that’s another thing about me. I don’t buy so many things.

“I only like to invest in really good pieces and they may be really expensive, but you know they’ll last.”

She further noted that the beaded Valentino dress she wore to the party was already two years old.

And her shoes—a pair of gold Jimmy Choo high-heeled sandals—were five years old.

Dawn says she likes to take really takes good care of belongings.

“And I really watch for quality talaga and [I know] it will last.

“And, you know, I guess you also choose the style, e.