Nineteen

Naruto was out of class as soon as the bell for recess rang. He usually waited for Sasuke, but Sasuke did not mind Naruto leaving without him. To be honest, he was glad.

Naruto raced to (Name)'s class as fast as he could so that he could get there before she left.

"(Name) !" he said, peeking inside through the door.

He looked around the class and frowned. There was no sign of (Name). He frowned. Maybe she had left before him.

Naruto turned to leave, but was stopped by Kiba.

"(Name) did not come today ?" he said.

Naruto turned and raised his eyebrows.

"What ? Why ?"

"Um.. She called in the morning to say she had a cold." Hinata joined in, standing up from her desk near the door. Her face was red.

All this while, she was trying to look for her lost voice. Kiba just helped her in a way. What else could've happened to her if Naruto just suddenly popped his head inside ? At least she did not faint.

"A cold ?" Naruto frowned. If it was a cold that made a nerd like (Name) take a leave, then it must really be something.

"Say, how about we go check up on her ?" suggested Naruto, thoughtfully stroking his chin.

"Great idea." Kiba grinned.

"I-I could also give her the notes." said Hinata.

"Come on. Let's try to make it back before lunch ends !" said Naruto, and dragged Kiba and Hinata behind him to (Name)'s house.

Naruto knocked loudly on the door and waited for (Name) to open it. After what seemed like ages, soft footsteps were heard and the door opened slowly.

"Yes ?" said (Name), only opening the door enough for her to peek out. Her voice sounded coarse.

"It's you again." she said on noticing Naruto, and opened the door wider.

"Woah, (Name)." said Naruto as he saw (Name) standing with her blanket wrapped around her. Her glasses were crooked and her eyes were sunken.

Without even asking for permission, Naruto entered her house. (Name) was too slow to stop him in her state anyway. She looked at the two figures who followed him. She recognised them from her class.

(Name) looked at Hinata who was looking down at her feet with a faint blush across her face and clutching the strap of her bag tightly. Then, (Name) looked at Kiba. He looked confident and ready to explore her house. She raised an eyebrow at him. Kiba caught her gaze and stood straight with his stomach sucked in and chest out.

"Inuzuka Kiba, at your service." he said, and grinned.

"Hn." said (Name), and closed the door.

"Hey, that sounded like Sasuke. Don't you think, Naruto ?" said Kiba as he smirked.

(Name) turned around and glared at him.

"If you take that pest's na---"

She started coughing before she could finish. Naruto and Kiba panicked as they ran up and down the house for water while Hinata reached and stroked (Name)'s back.

(Name) stopped coughing before Naruto or Kiba could get her water. Such a shame, because they brought all the water they could see - bottles, glasses, flower vases, and even ice.

"You don't give ice to a person who has a cold." said (Name). She sounded so different that to Kiba, Hinata and Naruto, it seemed as if they were talking to someone else.