Eight

(Name) woke up when she felt movement beside her. She quickly opened her eyes, and eyes with her blurry vision, she could make out a familiar figure fast asleep beside her. She sat up with a jerk.

"What are you doing here ?!"

(Name) yelled as she shook Sasuke. He just shifted to his other side. Infuriated by this, (Name) set herself properly beside him, and with one strong push, pushed him off the bed. He crashed on the floor with a loud thud.

(Name) reached for her glasses and crawled over to the other side of the bed and looled down at Sasuke, who was rubbing the back of his head as he sat up.

"You.. CRAZY WOMAN !!! Why'd you do that ?!"

(Name) cringed at the sudden raise in the loudness of his voice, but nevertheless, glared at him. She cleared her throat.

"You were supposed to sleep in the guest room, Uchiha Sasuke, and not beside me."

(Name) checked the time. It was three hours to her usual wake-up time. She could still get sleep.

"I wasn't able to sleep, so I came in to check on you. But you were sleeping. I just thought I'd lay down beside you, and..."

Sasuke slowly stood up, hand on his lower back as he did so. (Name) motioned him towards the door.

"Ow." he said, as he took a step towards the door.

(Name) got up and shoved him.

"Hurry up. Explanations - later. I don't want to lose my sleep because of an insignificant pest like you."

Sasuke, already out of (Name)'s room, turned to answer her back, but she slammed the door on his face. He exhaled loudly, and counted to ten, as he headed towards the guest room.

Sasuke woke up to 45 minutes to the school's starting time. For a few minutes, he just laid on his back, staring at the ceiling, taking his surroundings in. Then, he sat up, remembering it was (Name)'s house. He checked the time. With the speed at which he got ready, and the distance from (Name)'s house to school, he could easily reach school on time.

He slowly walked out of his room towards the kitchen. He was hungry. On the table, he saw a note. It was from (Name).

Uchiha Sasuke,
When you leave, lock the door properly. Don't leave any lights or fans or anythi on. I will make you pay the electricity bill. The clothes you wore yesterday have been washed and should be at the foot of your bed. You owe me.

And that was it. Nothing else. No food.

He mentally cursed (Name) as he went back to his room and took a quick shower. He changed back into his clothes. What he had worn for the night were clothes lent by (Name). She had said they belonged to her father.

He went back into the kitchen and started looking for things to eat. He went through all the cupboards and drawers he saw. All he found were some cookies and biscuits and cereals and some spices. Then, he went for the fridge. Much to his dismay, there were no tomatoes. But he found something that interested him more.

The chocolates he gave to (Name).

Even though she had said she hated sweet things. For some reason, he felt really happy inside. He sat at the table, eating the little things he found, plus some juice from the fridge. He admired (Name)'s hand-writing as he ate. It was neat. Neater than his own. A thousand times neater than Naruto's.

When he finished, he put the plates and glasses near the sink. He did not wash them. How could he, when he had not done it even once before ?

He checked the time again. He still had 20 minutes. From (Name)'s house to school would be 15 minutes. But if he walked fast, he could make it in 10 minutes. Which meant he had 10 more minutes to spare. 10 more minutes to look around (Name)'s house.

He smirked as he made his way towards her room. Surely he would fine something there. Something embarrassing. Something that could be used against (Name). He turned the knob.

But the door was locked.

Sasuke let out a frustrated sigh. Of course, (Name) would have guessed. She was not dumb. He decided to explore the rest of her house.

It was not that big, nor was it too small. It was not overly decorated. It was simple. As expected of (Name). Apart from the room he stayed in and (Name)'s room, there was another room. Having explored the rest of the house, he decided to explore the room as well. He turned the knob. It was not locked, but as soon as he entered, he regretted it.

The room was pink. The walls were pink, the furniture was pink, the bed-sheets were pink, the curtains were pink....everything was pink. He felt he was going to throw up, but knowing he would have to clean the mess up himself, he calmed down. He remembered (Name) speaking about her sister. This must have been her room.

Sasuke could already imagine the character of (Name)'s sister, and shuddered at the thought of it. What (Name) had said the previous day finally made sense to him. Anybody would decline living with a sister like that. At least, he would.

Sasuke looked around (Name)'s sister's room. He could probably find something there, too. There were soft toys everywhere. Even though it was not like (Name) to be surrounded by pink, the room was in a pretty good condition. And (Name) was the only person who could have kept it clean.

He looked around drawers and cupboards. The drawers had some cosmetics and the cupboards were basically empty, except for a pair  or two of clothes. He opened another drawer near the bed. He found a diary, which was probably (Name)'s sister's, and an album. He couldn't care less about the diary, but, oh, the album.

Sasuke took it out and flipped it open. Most of it was empty, but his gaze landed on the first photo he saw. It was a recent click, because (Name) looked the same as ever. She was looking away from the camera, frowning, and her arms were crossed over her chest.

Beside her was an older woman, with one hand on (Name)'s shoulder pulling her closer, and the other holding up a 'peace' sign. She was winking at the camera. Sasuke's jaw dropped. He recognized her ! He knew who she was. Of course, he did. And plus, she was (Name)'s sister. What news !

He slammed the album shut and kept it back in place. He rushed outside - of course, he locked the door - and jogged towards school. He couldn't wait to see (Name).