Twenty-Eight

"(Name), this is a project we both were assigned, so we have to do it together." said Sasuke.

(Name) shrugged and continued writing on a paper. Sasuke groaned and tried snatching it from her. They had to write an essay on 'An Ideal Life' and (Name) had been sitting and staring at the paper. occasionally writing some points on it, then deciding against it and crumpling the paper and throwing it into the bin.

Sasuke had been staring at her for a long time. They were sitting in the school library across each other. He, for sure, was being ignored by (Name). It required no genius to see that. Sasuke wasn't sure whether it was because she was really angry at him, or she was just being her usual self, because either way, she ignored him. He kept telling her that it was a partner project and they had to do it together but (Name) insisted that she would write some of it first an then let Sasuke write the rest.

"Why are you ignoring me?" asked Sasuke, with a sigh.

(Name) stared at the computer in front of her and then at the points on the paper.

"Okay, I know why, but I was just curious." Sasuke said in his defence.

He got no reply.

"(Name)..." he said with a sigh. He looked at her one last time to see whether she was going to reply, but when she didn't, he said, "Talk, or I will write a shitty essay and submit it on behalf of both of us and you will get a bad grade."

"So will you." said (Name).

"Hah ! You talked !" exclaimed Sasuke, standing up and smirking over his victory.

"Keep it down, Uchiha Sasuke."

The librarian was no where to be seen but yet it was definitely his voice they had heard. Sasuke grumbled and sat back down, wondering how the librarian had recognized him only by hearing his voice.

"I don't care about my grades." said Sasuke with a wide smirk.

"Says the one who was crying because he was placed on the second rank."

"I was not crying." Sasuke's smirk slowly faded into a scowl as he glared at (Name).

"If you say so." said (Name), without bothering to look back at Sasuke.

He glared at her for a few more moments before getting tired of it. He noticed that she was typing something now.

"So you finally decided what to write ?" asked Sasuke, leaning a little to see what she was typing.

(Name) said nothing and tilted the monitor so that Sasuke could not see it. Sasuke huffed and sat back down.

"I'm going to see it later anyway." he said.

(Name) had stopped typing and just kept staring at the screen again.

"What ? Are you ignoring me again ?" asked Sasuke.

He slouched down in his seat and groaned. It was too much for him to handle.

"(Name), look, I.. I apologi--"

"I need to go." said (Name), and she quickly grabbed her things and rushed out of the library.

"(Name), wait !" said Sasuke but he wat too late. She had already left.

He groaned and grabbed his belongings and got up to leave too. He had apologized to (Name). Almost, but at least he had. Sasuke was not even interested in whatever that was between (Name) and her mother. He didn't like talking to (Name) but being ignored by her somehow felt even worse. He just wanted her to talk to him.

Before he left, he decided to check out what (Name) had written. Much to his dismay, it was a black document. She had erased it before she left.

Sasuke huffed and shut down the library's computer. As he did so, his gaze fell on the papers on which (Name) was writing down the points. There were a lot papers scattered and even more in the bin beside her desk. Many points were scribbled down on the papers, too shabbily for someone with a hand-writing like (Name). One line in particular stood out very much to Sasuke. It was cancelled with a two strokes, but that didn't change the fact that (Name) had, if only for a second, considered it, and that itself for some reason felt like a stab to his heart.

"-without Uchiha Sasuke"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:- Before you start typing 'update soon' in the comment box, let me tell you that I will update this story again within the next 24 hours.