Eighteen

(Name)'s alarm went off at 6am.

She reached out from under the sheets to turn it off. She did, but ended up knocking it off the table. She groaned as it hit the floor with a loud noise. (Name) was sure it broke, or at least, had a crack.

She put her weight on her hands and tried sitting up, but her body felt heavy. (Name) even felt a sharp pain in the lower side of the head with the sudden movement. Even her nose was blocked. She groaned again and lay back down on the bed.

She rolled over to the side of the bed and fumbled through the drawers of the side table for a thermometer. She flicked on the lights and checked her body temperature.

There was no doubt. She had a cold.

"What in the world happened to you ?" asked Sasuke when he saw Naruto with bandages here and there and a few many bruises and swollen parts visible.

Sasuke took a seat beside Naruto. Naruto looked and him, glared, and then looked away out of the window. Yes, Naruto sat near the window.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow at Naruto but then shrugged it off and decided to ignore him. Then, he remembered why he had come to meet Naruto as soon as he reached school.

"Naruto, what was up with you yesterday ?" he asked, slightly turning his chair so that he could face Naruto.

The blonde boy peered at Sasuke and exhaled loudly in frustration. Then, he cleared his throat. It was so loud, that the noisy class went silently. But noticing it was just Naruto, they continued chatting.

"You shouldn't keep secrets from your dear best friend, Sasuke." said Naruto.

Sasuke smirked slowly.

"Best friend ? I wonder who's that." he said.

"Why, you..." hissed Naruto, but he was silenced as Kakashi-sensei entered the class being as fashionably late as ever.

The class groaned as he began explaining why he was late. This time, it was because he saw a cat stuck on a tree and helped it down because - oh! He was so nice and then ended up looking for its owner. Everyone gave his disbelieving looks, but laughed along with him anyway.

Sasuke glanced at Naruto as the roll call started. He was looking out of the window again.

"So. What secret was I hiding from you, anyway ?" whispered Sasuke, leaning a little closer to Naruto so he could hear him.

Naruto spun around with his eyebrows raised and mouth agape with shock.

"You're asking me what secret you were hiding ?" said Naruto.

"Well, you do know, don't you ? I was just asking which one." said Sasuke.

"How many secrets have you been keeping from me exactly ?!" said Naruto and banged his desk, completely forgetting they were in class.

Kakashi-sensei looked up from the book he was reading.

"Class has started, you two. Begin writing a review of the last chapter. I want it before this period ends." he said. Sasuke and Naruto shrugged and pretended to begin writing.

"Naruto, do you have any idea that you sounded like a woman who's lover had been cheating on her back then ?" said Sasuke, smirking widely at Naruto.

"Oh, shut up." Naruto grunted. " Even (Name) knew and yet you didn't tell me."

Sasuke stared at Naruto. What did he and (Name) know that Naruto didn't ? Did he and (Name) have a secret at all ?

"I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about." said Sasuke.