Fourteen

"And this is the only place you could think of to have this 'meeting' of yours ?" said a very frustrated and angry (Name).

She leaned on the wall and across her sat the parents of the Uchiha brothers. On the adjoining sofa sat her own father, Hisashi beside Shion. Itachi and Sasuke sat on chairs they had pulled out from the kitchen. They had gathered there to decide a date for Itachi and Shion's wedding.

"Aw~ Calm down, (Name). You'll get wrinkles if you keep frowning that hard." said Shion. She patted on the sofa beside her. "Come, sit here, (Name)."

(Name) scowled at Shion and went and pulled another chair out of the kitchen for herself. No way she was going to sit beside Shion. Not after she had asked her to.

"Oh, so this is (Name)." said the female Uchiha, and introduced herself as Mikoto, Itachi and Sasuke's mother. The man beside her was Fugaku, their father.

(Name) nodded and introduced herself, although there was no need to.

"One question." said (Name), after the introductions were done.

"Go ahead." Mikoto smiled at her.

"How did you enter in ?" asked (Name).

Now she was sure she had locked the door behind her. There were only two keys - one which (Name) carried, and one spare which was supposed to be house. None of them could possibly have the key. The door and windows were not broken either.

Upon this question, Sasuke smirked. He put his hand into his pocket and fished out the spare key, the one which was supposed to be in the house. He spun it around his index finger.

"How did you--- " started (Name), but then she remembered. That day when Sasuke had spent the night, (Name) herself had given him the key to lock the door after him.

"What distinguished hobbies you have, Uchiha Sasuke." said (Name).

"What do you mean ?" scowled Sasuke.

Sasuke threw the key at (Name), which she could not catch, and it fell on the carpet. She bent down and picked it.

(Name) smirked at Sasuke. "That key should have been returned to me a long time ago. Who knew you were the kind of person interested in barging into people's houses with stolen keys."

"Now, now, (Name). Don't be so harsh." said Hisashi. He too put his hand into his pocket and fished out a key. "I had a key to your house all along."

Now it was Sasuke's turn to smirk at (Name). He almost burst out laughing. (Name) noticed it.

"Are you smirking at me, mister ? Please do not forget the fact that you kept the keys with you for weeks." said (Name).

"Oh, shut up. I just forgot to return them." Sasuke defended himself.

(Name) glared at him, and Sasuke glared back.

"But why did Sasuke have those keys in the first place ?" asked Shion.

"That--"

"No, let me say it, Uchiha Sasuke." said (Name), "One day, while returning from the library, I found this sleeping outside the door. Being as kind as I am---"

"Hold it right there." Sasuke stopped (Name), "Who the hell is kind ?! Let me say the rest of it. This cruel woman didn't even give me any breakfast that morning."

"How did we reach morning ?" asked Mikoto.

"Let me continue." said (Name), " Being as kind as I am, I took it inside and even fed it--"

"Wait a second." Sasuke interrupted (Name) again, "Why are you referring to me as if I am some thing ?"

"Don't tell me you think you are worthy enough of being considered as a person."

"What ?! You---"

"My, don't these kids get along really well." said Mikoto, smiling happily.

Then and there itself, (Name) decided that there was something wrong with that women. Or better even, that family itself. All through her and Sasuke's quarrels, Fugaku was the only one to have not reacted.

The meeting continued on, although only the parents present there participated. The date everyone agreed on was a month later. There was also enough time for preparations.

"We'll get going then." said Mikoto as the Uchiha family got up to leave.

Hisashi and Shion walked with them to the door, and dragged (Name) along with them.

"Good night." said Hisahi.

"Oh, yes, good night." said Itachi, with a smile.

(Name) found it weird how well Itachi and Hisashi got along. Usually, the girl's father hated her boyfriend - or fiance, in this case. She stood a little behind everyone. She noticed how Itachi and Mikoto were very cheerful, while Sasuke and Fugaku looked serious. Sasuke caught (Name) looking at him.

"Good night, (Name)." said Sasuke, trying his best to smile.

"Good night." (Name) smiled back.

"Sasuke, dear, if you're not even going to try to cover that fake smile of yours, then please don't smile." said Mikoto.

"Same goes for you, (Name). You both look creepy." said Shion. She and Mikoto laughed at their own joke which nobody else had found that funny.

(Name) figured that Hisashi and Shion were going to spend the night at her house, and nothing would change even if she protested. As the Uchiha family walked to their car, Mikoto kept smiling. Mikoto had already found something to keep herself busy with after the wedding of her elder son.

If anybody is going to be with Sasuke, then that is only (Name).