Chapter 36-Captured

"Uh... excuse me?"

No one moved nor did they speak. Everyone's eyes were on Xiu Xiang's strange clothing. Hai Kuang was the first to speak.

"Such strange clothing... you don't have a demon aura either. Which sect are you from? Why are you hindering us from destroying the demons?!" Hai Kuang asked sharply. The men behind him instantly raised their weapons, aiming it at her like she was their worst enemy.

"I'm not exactly..." Xiu Xiang trailed off. She felt a sharp sting on her back. Her head slowly turned and found that it was Wei Xing who was glaring holes into her.

"She snuck into the Jade Ice Cave. Kill her," Wei Xing stated dully. Hua Jian raised his hand, signaling the demons behind them to get ready to kill.

"I didn't exactly..." Xiu Xiang trailed off feeling yet another sharp sting on her back. This time it was from Hai Kuang. She was definitely going to get killed by both groups at this point. Both men looked like they wanted to shred her to pieces. How was she supposed to explain that she miraculously woke up in the cave then accidentally fell in front of them?

Before anyone could take actions, the entire area rumbled as if an earthquake suddenly emerged. Xiu Xiang struggled to stay on her feet, wondering what the hell was going on now. Her thoughts were quickly answered by the collapsing mountain behind the Demon Clan.

"Is the cave collapsing on itself? Why?" she thought. No sooner had that thought crossed her mind, Wei Xing let out a horribly painful cry.

"Xiu Xiang!" His voice echoed throughout the mountain range as he darted for the collapsing mountain.

"My Lord, wait!" Hua Jian managed to hold him back so that he doesn't go running for his death. Just seeing how the mountain collapsed on itself, there was no way that the Demoness's body would escape unscathed. Even if they somehow managed to dig through all that ice and snow, her body would be squashed like a pancake.

At this point, the mountain caused a dangerous ripple effect. An avalanche was going to fall on them all and the Demon Clan were the closest to it. If no one makes the first move to retreat, everyone was going to buried under a heavy blanket of snow. It wasn't just snow either. The mountain may have collapsed but the height of it was still enormous. Giant boulders of ice tumbled faster than the avalanche. Several demons were already crushed under its weight.

While the Demon Clan was distracted by this natural enemy, Hai Kuang decided that now was the best time to act.

"Kill Wei Xing while we still have the chance!" Hai Kuang hollered. He took a step forward only to get stopped by Xiu Xiang. She had stepped in front of him without realizing it.

"If you aren't with us, then you're against us! Kill her!" Hai Kuang roared. He thrust his sword forward in a rage. It missed her by a mile as she easily dodged the sharp blade. Her eyes darted back to the Demon Clan while she fought with Hai Kaung and multiple other cultivators at the same time. She found that Hua Jian was still struggling to hold Wei Xing back. At this rate, everyone really was going to die.

Out of habit, she shouted angrily at Hua Jian, forgetting that she was no longer the Demoness. "Hua Jian, you idiot! Why haven't you retreated yet? Get everyone the hell out of here before I kick your ass!"

Upon hearing her command, Hua Jian only had a second to be surprised before he took actions. He wrapped his arms firmly around Wei Xing, then shouted an order for everyone to retreat immediately. They were the first to take off. Many demons followed their actions and disappeared on the spot.

"Damn it!" Hai Kuang let out a threatening burst of aura, ready to kill her. He had seen for himself how Xiu Xiang easily commanded Wei Xing's right hand man. He was now sure that Xiu Xiang was a part of the Demon Clan even if she held no demonic aura. "Capture this woman and quickly retreat before we get buried alive out here!"