Chapter 18-The Demoness's First Minion

She quickly stayed hidden behind the pillar to avoid his line of sight then removed her demonic aura, confusing Hua Jian as he wasn't sure who was more dangerous. Just as she managed to hide herself, Xiu Xiang suddenly remembered that among the maidens that had been captured, Wei Xing's future wife was also there. Could it be that he had rushed in here to help Bai Qing?

Wei Xing's eyes scanned the group of maidens that laid at Hua Jian's feet. His eyes narrowed as he tried to pinpoint the person he had been looking for only to look disappointed. The explosion Wei Xing had created broke the illusion that the women have been under and slowly one by one, each of the young maiden's hazy eyes grew clarity.

"Wha...? Where am I?" Bai Qing was the first to speak. She stood up and her eyes landed right on Wei Xing. There was no hint of recognition on her face whatsoever. Xiu Xiang found this strange. The two of them should've met way before this, she thought.

Deep within a forest, Wei Xing confronted a group of bandits chasing after Bai Qing... uh oh. Xiu Xiang finally understood why the two of them didn't know each other. She had jumped in to help Bai Qing before Wei Xing got there.

Then one of the maidens screamed when she saw the murderous look on Hua Jian's face.

"A demon!" she cried and panic ensued from the group of women.

"Tsk!" Hua Jian brought the flute to his lips and blew furiously into it. Almost immediately the fearful gazes on the women slowly blurred and they once again became meek like marionette dolls. He then barked, "Everyone move off to the side!"

At once all the women raised off to the side clearing the middle of the hall.

"Hmph. I don't know who you're looking for but since you're offering yourself to this great one, I don't mind devouring your soul along with these women but I'll first get rid of this pest over here," Hua Jian smirked.

He blew his flute sharply and Xiu Xiang knew that the same wave of attack was aimed right for her. She jumped out of her hiding spot to avoid the wide range of attack. The only safe area was where Wei Xing had been standing so she had no choice but to land where he was.

The moment she landed in front of him, Wei Xing's eyes widen.

"Xiu Xiang...?" he called out to her sounding quite unsure of himself. He looked relieved, shock, and surprised all at the same time.

Xiu Xiang didn't know how to react. When she had appeared before her master, he didn't even recognize her. She looked at her own reflection and barely recognized herself so how did he manage to?

Xiu Xiang straightened out her back wanting to tell him that he recognized the wrong person when she sensed another wave of attack.

"Damn, that annoying pretty boy demon!" she thought angrily. Before she could jump to safety, Wei Xing had already wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her out of the hall. Xiu Xiang turned to look over her shoulder as the two of them flew away. The attack was far stronger than the last and dust clouds filled up the entire hall.

The both of them landed outside in the courtyard. She immediately pulled out of his grasp to put some distance between them. For a second, she thought she saw a hint of pain washed over him but it quickly disappeared. Xiu Xiang wanted to ask Wei Xing why he tried to save her when he should be saving his future wife instead but didn't get the chance to. Hua Jian's laughter could be heard close behind.

"I'll eat the both of you for dinner!" he roared behind them. The look on his face looked like a crazy person.

"Ugh. I've had enough!" Xiu Xiang spat as her palm raised up at Hua Jian. She didn't attack recklessly because of the women in the hall but since they outside now, there was nothing stopping her from frying him to a crisp. A dense ball of fire energy erupted from her palm and shot out like an arrow.