Chapter 57-Feelings

"Xiang Er, I...!" Wei Xing felt as if his world came tumbling down. She already misunderstood his intention in letting Bai Qing stay. This had caused the two of them to not see each other for almost a month. Now she caught him in such a position with Bai Qing, how else was he supposed to explain himself?

Not knowing if he had done the deed with Bai Qing or not, he could only lower his head, unable to look Xiu Xiang in the eyes.

When Xiu Xiang saw the guilt ridden look on Wei Xing, she sighed deeply. With a wave of her arm, the flames surrounding Bai Qing disappeared. Every last inch of Bai Qing's skin was an alarming red filled with blisters. Bits of charred clothing stuck to her skin. She was a complete horror show.

Turning her head towards the exit, Xiu Xiang hollered, "Guards!"

Several guards came running into the room. They came to a sharp stop when they saw Bai Qing lying naked on the ground filled with blisters and burns. Their eyes slowly traveled from one person to another, quickly understanding the situation before them.

"My lord?" a guard asked as he turned his attention toward Xiu Xiang.

"Take Bai Qing back to her room and shove a life saving pill into her mouth. She must not die. Do not let her leave her room until I say so and toss the corpse at the door outside," she ordered.

The guards didn't dally as two guards went to pick up Bai Qing. They quickly fled the room. They didn't even forget to close the door behind them.

Silence filled the room that now only had Xiu Xiang and Wei Xing. Xiu Xiang was still standing in the spot while Wei Xing's head was still lowered.

"So? You aren't going to defend yourself?"

Wei Xing flinched at Xiu Xiang's voice. He still refused to look up at her. He didn't say anything either and simply shook his head. He knew that it was over between them. How could he had been stupid enough to fall for an illusion?

Seeing how dejected Wei Xing looked, Xiu Xiang couldn't stay mad at him. He had struggled to fight off the illusion which was something even he couldn't do in the novel. He clearly proved just how high of a position she held in his heart.

She finally sighed at the broken figure and lifted up her open palm. A small white jar appeared in her hand. It was a medicine jar meant for burns. When she burnt Bai Qing's arms with her flames, she also accidentally burnt Wei Xing's neck.

She went to sit down next to him only for him to quickly scoot off to the other end of the bed.

"What now? You won't even let me get close to you after this?"

Wei Xing flinched. His hands clenched tightly into fists on his lap. "I... I don't deserve to be near you. I... failed to keep myself for you. I'm... dirty."

Xiu Xiang's face turned black. He sounded like a rape victim. She seemed to be seeing different sides of him after waking up as a human again. He looked so vulnerable that she regretted not acting quicker to pull him out of the illusion. She originally wanted him to feel some bit of remorse for being dumb enough to fall for Bai Qing's trap, but now she no longer felt like it.

"You didn't sleep with Bai Qing. Now, will you let me put some medicine on your burns?"

Wei Xing didn't say anything. She took his silence as a sign of agreement. She slowly peeled off the partially burnt clothes to reveal the burns. It seemed that not only neck but also his back had been burned. There were no boils but his skin was a deep red. This only showed how powerful Wei Xing was. Her flames had caused such a devastating injury on Bai Qing, but Wei Xing's skin merely turned red like he had been under the sun for too long.