Chapter 47-The Maiden in Distress

The morning sunrays seemed to seep through Xiu Xiang's closed eyelids. Groaning at the bright light, Xiu Xiang forced herself awake. She frowned at the opened window and with a sharp wave of her hand, the window slammed shut. She slumped back into bed, searching for a comfortable position. Right as soon as she did, she was about to close her eyes when someone rapped lightly on her door.

"Miss, we were order to bring up your breakfast and water for your bath," a soft female voice sounded from the other side of the door.

Xiu Xiang thought about sending them away, however, her nose picked up an inviting scent. Her stomach instantly rumbled at the delicious scent that wafted into the room. Groaning loudly, she finally dragged herself out of bed and went to open the door. A young girl came in with a tray of food while two younger boys followed after with buckets of hot water.

She watched as the inn workers quickly shuffled in and shuffled out. A tray of food was set on the table and the tub on the other side of the folding wall was completely filled with water. There was even a new dress set aside for her to change into after too.

Xiu Xiang didn't order any of this so it could only be that mysterious person who had followed her yesterday.

It would be rude to ignore his kind gesture...

Since she was already up, there was no point in going back to bed. She quickly untied her dress and got into the warm bath. Once she was done bathing, she took one look at the dress and found it quite pretty. It was a light shade of blue and embroidered with flowers. There were even accessories and makeup sitting underneath the dress.

"He must've spent a fortune on this..." Xiu Xiang eyed the accessories and makeup. Just one look was enough for her to know that everything was of great quality. Just as she was wondering how the mysterious person knew that she didn't have any of these stuff on her, she couldn't help but turn her head to look at the window that she had closed earlier. She was sure that the window had been closed the night before.

"That person must've snuck into my room last night," she thought. Anger boiled up inside her for a moment. What was worse, somehow she had slept through the night without even noticing his presence!

How dare he sneak into my room in the middle of the night? Was he a pervert?!

She had half the heart to throw everything out of retaliation, however everything was extremely pretty and the makeup was something she always wanted but couldn't use because it was inconvenient as the ruler of the Demon Realm. Sighing heavily, she put on the dress and finally wore all the accessories.

"Worst comes to worst, I'll just sell everything later and get some money out of it," she thought.

When she finished getting ready, she finally turned her attention on the food on the table. There was a bowl of porridge, steam buns, and fruits. Once again, she was struck by the fact that the food tasted the same as before. There was the feeling of 'home' when she ate it.

"Did that person perhaps cook this...?" she thought. Feeling stunned at the unnecessary kind gesture, she felt the urge to find this person just so that she could see what he looked like.

Xiu Xiang finished eating all the food on the table and decided to head out.

It was already late morning when she finally stepped out of the inn. The streets were already starting to fill up with people. Despite having eaten, just the smell of fresh noodles in the morning, made her stomach rumble like there was an empty pit inside of her.

She followed the delicious scent and found the small stall. A wooden sign board wrote, 'Severing Spicy Oil Noodles'. Her eyes lit up in delight. She stepped forward only to come to stop. Among the several small wooden tables used to serve customers of the small stall, there sat quite a few people from the traveling Circus Troupe.