[ MAKING UP ]

"So..they aren't dating?" Mina asked again when Jihyo and her got back to their class. "How many more times are you going to ask? No, they aren't."

"But people said Changbin called Chaeyoung her girlfriend to get her away from some dudes yesterday.." Mina tried again.

"Changbin was probably just doing Chaeyoung a favour she didn't even want. I've known them basically my whole life and I can tell you they have no interest in each other whatsoever." Jihyo pulled out her textbook for the next lesson.

Mina was smiling to herself. It relieves her that Chaeyoung and Changbin were just close childhood friends. Jihyo noticed this, "why are you so interested in Chaeyoung's love life anyway?"

"uh..." Jihyo chuckled at Mina.

"Geez, Mina, just say you like Chaeyoung and go."

"Fat chance."

"Oh? So you do like her?"

"No-I just-ugh! nevermind."

Jihyo chuckled at Mina's flusteredness. She patted her in the back, saying, "It's okay. I'm confident you two will get together soon."

"Jihyo!"

Chaeyoung waved goodbye as she saw Dahyun get picked up by her driver. She started walking home, plugging in her earphones and playing some songs.

Not long after, she felt someone tap behind her. For a moment she froze realising it was Mina. It was weird, having the girl kinda avoid her the past few days then just, do this?

"O-oh, hi, Mina."

The other girl seemed just as anxious, biting her lip, "hi Chaeyoung. Can I walk home with you?"

"Uh, sure."

As they walked the air between them felt so awkward. The both of them felt the need to say something yet never succeeded. Not until Mina was brave enough,

"I'm sorry, Chaeng." The shorter turned her head, "what for?"

"for avoiding you," She simply said. "It's fine, Mina," laughing, she said, "you know, I thought you avoided me because you thought I was dating Changbin back at the bakery."

Mina blushed, Chaeyoung was completely correct. "Uh, well-I can't exactly deny it.."

"Hold on," Chaeyoung tried to hide her smile, "you were jealous?"

Mina's cheeks felt warm. She shook her head vigorously, "no! not like that! I- uh, wanted to hang out with you after giving you the strawberries.."

She lied, Mina was suddenly grateful she could bullshit.

"Ah.." Chaeyoung gaped, "well, maybe I can make it up to you, how does that sound?"

Mina lifted her gaze on Chaeyoung in interest, "oh? how so?"

The other only giggled, "well, maybe come around on saturday to find out?"

Mina knocked on the bakery door, quickly realising that it's a bakery. She mentally scolded herself and walked in, ringing the door bell.

"Excuse me, Ms...Son?" Mina cautiously asked, the lady in front of her had shared enough features of Chaeyoung that she could tell it was the blonde's mother. "Is Chaeyoung around?"

The woman beamed, "Ah! I'm guessing you must be Mr. Myoui's granddaughter? Mina, right?"

Mina nodded, "Chaeyoung's already waiting for you upstairs! Go right up, sweetheart."

The name had caught Mina off guard, she wondered if Chaeyoung's mom was always this warm and welcome towards everyone. Nevertheless, she smiled and quickly head up the said stairs.

When she arrived upstairs, she didn't really expect to see Chaeyoung opening up cupboards, thoroughly searching for something.

"Uh, Chaeng?"

Her voice made the shorter pause her movements, turning back to Mina, "Oh! Hi Mina!"

The older paused to look at the island that was filled with baking ingredients, "what's with all this?"

"This is my surprise!" Chaeyoung enthusiasticly said, "we're making strawberry cream puffs! I remember that one time you told me how much you love to bake."

She grinned, the dimple on her cheeks showing proudly. Mina's heart soared at the mere thought of Chaeyoung remembering her likings when she mentioned it not too long ago in that study date they did. Not only did she remember, but Chaeyoung is willing to spend time baking with her.

"well," Chaeyoung started again, "what do you think?"

"I-" Mina didn't know what to say, really. She was starstruck. "Chaeyoung, this is amazing!"

Chaeyoung's smile only grew larger as she picked up a whisk she already put down on the island, sticking it up in the air, as if she's wielding a sword, "let's get baking, then!"

After a few hours, and a few flour fights between the two girls, Chaeyoung and Mina had two whole trays filled with pastry. The smell of strawberry and sugar ever slightly mixing and lingering in the air.

"They don't look that bad!" Chaeyoung smiled, bouncing up and down. Mina laughed at how cute excited Chaeyoung looked. "Let's try one!"

They both picked up a puff, and bit in. Chaeyoung's eyes couldn't seem to lie as they widened. "This...this is really good!"

Mina nodded along, "I didn't think we'd be able to pull it off! Wow.."

Chaeyoung's smile got wider, "man, mom has gotta have some of this!" She said, racing down the stairs. Mina smiled at her, She was glad they weren't on bad terms anymore. She liked spending time with Chaeyoung like this.

[a/n]
this story is getting worse by the chapter 🤡🤡 oh well ig

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :))

Have a great day guys~~
-maya