[ RUMOUR ]

Chaeyoung had started to grow apart from Mina.

At least that's what Mina thinks is happening. It's been three days and the two have absolutely no interaction whatsoever.

Mina didn't know if it was her or Chaeyoung who was actually doing the distancing, but it all happened after Mina delivered the strawberries to Chaeyoung.

As of right now, Mina was walking home from school, specifically walking out from a convenience store after stopping by for a drink. Seeing the person she was avoiding walking by alerted her, not to mention there was nothing between them, only a good amount of space.

Luckily, Mina noticed that Chaeyoung had her earphones in. The chances of the younger noticing her was low. Mina still didn't want to cross paths with her though so she figured she'd wait until Chaeyoung was far enough before she started walking again.

What she didn't fail to catch was a group of boys started surrounding Chaeyoung. And even from where Mina stood she could hear the comments the boys made,

"hey pretty."

"Kinda want your number, would ya?"

"What's the name?"

she gripped her can of grape soda, ready to throw it to those bastards even if a quarter of it wasn't even drunk yet. Chaeyoung was pretty, Mina would admit. Hell, Chaeyoung was beautiful. But was it so hard to keep annoying comments from her?

She badly wanted to do something, and for a moment, she almost did. She almost yelled at those boys to get lost, find someone else to bother. But almost is one bitch of a word, isn't it?

"Hey! Get away from my girlfriend!" a rough voice, a familiar voice, made everyone in the area turn to it, including Mina. It was the boy, what was his name? Changbin.

The male walked up to the huddled up group, "do you have any manners? you shouldn't do that to a girl. ever." He said, slinging his arm around Chaeyoung and pushing past the other guys.

Girlfriend? Chaeyoung was Changbin's girlfriend?

Chaeyoung wanted to push Changbin away so bad, and she did stiffen under the boy's hold. He whispered to her, "hold on, they're still watching."

A few more seconds passed and Changbin checked behind them again, "okay, it's clear-oof!"

"Dude! I could've dealt with them myself!" Chaeyoung grumbled. "And what was that get away from my girlfriend bullshit, huh?!"

She exaggerated the way Changbin had said it, grumbling on some more.
Changbin gasped, "Wow, I save your ass and not even a thank you?"

"No."

"But I still saved you back there," Changbin scoffed. "Exactly! Now I owe you one."

Chaeyoung crossed her arms, "and what if someone from school saw that?! Rumors can start, you know."

"Aren't you being too dramatic?" Changbin only rolled his eyes. Maybe, yes, Chaeyoung was being overdramatic about the scene, but she couldn't help herself. "Look, thank you and all but I know for a fact you can't handle being in rumoured scandals."

Changbin smiled, completely ignoring the second part of Chaeyoung's statement.

"I'll take that."