Part 36

Chapter 36

~Hope's Point Of View~

I groaned as a felt a ray of sunlight on my face. I felt someone squeeze my hand and then someone was blocking the light. My eyes were still heavy, but after a little I got them open.

I smiled faintly at seeing Marek looking down at me. He soothed my hair down. "Hey there. How you feeling?"

"Sore and groggy." I frowned at him.

His eyes turned down and he nodded. "That's understandable. The nurse found several bruises on you and Professor Gilliett. He was able to tell us that you both toppled down the stairs."

"How is he?" I asked concerned.

Marek placed his other hand on mine to have both his holding one of mine. "He's fine for the most part. He's dealing with some guilt right now. Apparently he was forced to hit you in November. He's been possessed since Halloween. He didn't even remember till the spirit left his body."

"Does he remember who it was?"

Marek twisted his lips. "Not fully. He can remember what the spirit did in his body what it took full control, but not what it was thinking. He can only remember it wanted to be alive again. To take someone else's life for it's own and was concentrating on you as you're powerful."

"That's not the only thing he was concentrating on. He also choose me because I'm a Lund. He wanted to basically to hurt Melerick." I squeezed his hand. "He, the spirit, had been a once friend to Melerick. He had become power hungry and Melerick had to stop him."

Marek frowned. "Did you talk with Melerick while you were asleep?"

I shook my head. "The spirit told me. He was gloating."

"Well, he's gone now." Marek shifted and sat at the side of the bed. "I do need to ask you about the potion now. I've been told that it's a trust potion. It can bypass any protective barriers within people."

I smiled at him. "Glad it was you who I saw, wasn't it? I had already trusted you completely before."

He smiled. "Thanks, but that could be the potion talking."

"What did you want to talk to me about it?"

Marek sighed. "Well, thankfully the potion will wear off, but for a bit it will be in your system. You won't feel any different from what I'm told. We just have to wait till it fades as there's no anti-potion with this one."

"But it's okay. It's you that I saw."

He chuckled. "Better me than that spirit." Then his face dropped a little. "You would have willingly given yourself up if he had succeeded." He pulled my hand up and laid it on his cheek. "You wouldn't be my Hope anymore."

I sat up and put my arms around him. "I'm still here. You got to me in time." I pulled back a little a looked at him. "Let's not what if please. Just look to the future and prepare for finals next month."

He laughed at me. "The same old Hope thinking of learning."

I giggled. "Well I was just thinking of the summer. Finishing the year up and then having the break." Then I pouted. "But that also means that we'll be apart."

He smirked and kissed my nose. "Don't worry. We'll talk throughout the whole break. Can't let a little thing like distance keep us apart."

I giggled. "Not in the least."

I shifted and hissed. Marek moved off the bed. "You should lay back down. You've got so pretty bad bruises down the right side of your body." He helped me lay down.

Before long Headmistress Alexi and her husband Theo was entering the infirmary. She smiled sadly as she came over. "I'm glad to see you have awoken."

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

Theo held up my pentagram. "We believe you've been missing this."

"Where did you find it?" I inquired as I held my hand out for it.

He shook his head as he came around to the head of my bed. He placed it on me. "Professor Gilliett had told us where the spirit had put it. He had taken it so you only had your natural protection about you. He wanted you the least protected so he could do what he tried to do."

I thought back and looked up at Headmistress Alexi. "One thing I don't understand. Last night, I didn't use my elements. How could I have forgotten to use my elements?"

Her eyes frowned. "It's alright. He had made sure you were defenseless. During your extra lessons, the spirit took over your mentor to hypnotize you. He planted subliminal messages to make you helpless."

Marek frowned. "Is that why there were no professors until the end? After the spirit left."

Theo nodded. "There was a very powerful enchantment on all our doors. They were magically sealed. Some of the Professors even heard Hope trying to get into their room. They all were communicating to me instantly what was going on. I too was trapped in the head office unable to help." He looked so apologetic.

I smiled at him. "Whoever he was had planned it. You couldn't have known."

"Yes well... You were attacked under my watch." Theo looked a little guilty.

Before I could say anything else, Marek spoke up his curiosity. "Mistress? Why were you called away?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. "That would be between the great council and myself." She turned to smile at me. "But I will say this, they are very curious about you my dear. Making sure you were doing alright. But that was just one of many things we discussed."

Theo placed a hand on my ankle. "Are you alright to discuss what happened?"

I nodded. I told them everything I could remember the spirit told me. How he jumps from one descendant to another. How he used to be Melerick's friend at one time. But how I didn't know who he was.

"Are you sure he said he was once your ancestor's friend?"

I nodded. "Positive."

Headmistress Alexi glanced at her husband before focusing back on me. "Well dear, then that would have made the spirit of Cedric Forgion."

I blinked. "You mean Zander's ancestor?"

She nodded. "Yes. I'll be talking with him next now. Has he acted different through the year?"

I nodded. "Actually yes he has." Then I remembered the conversation I had with him in my room. "He said that after Halloween, he felt like something lifted. Like a darkness that was in him his whole life just left. That could have been the spirit."

Headmistress Alexi looked at her husband. "We'll have to see if he returned to young Zander." Theo nodded. She turned back to me again. "All we need for you to do is rest. As all your professors say that you're ahead in your studies, you won't have to go to classes for the rest of the week."

I pouted and everyone laughed. "I love going to class."

Headmistress Alexi smiled brightly. "I don't wish to have to order you if I don't have to. Just relax. If you want, your counterpart can bring you things to work on, but do take it easy." She tapped my shoulder before she and her husband left.

Marek took his seat on the side of my bed again. He moved a strand of my hair away. "You should rest."

I frowned at him seeing he was tired you. I scooted over. "Only if you'll rest with me."

He smiled and chuckled. "Then I'm laying on top of the sheets." He carefully laid down beside me and wound his arms around me. My arms went around his waist with my head on his chest. I fell asleep hearing him drift off too.