Part 14

Fourteen

After lunch, Marek and Franklin helped me to Professor Gilliett's office. Professor Gilliett was just leaving his room when he saw us approaching. He smiled at us. "Hope you had a good lunch. I left some study materials next to the pillow near the window. Just take it easy."

I nodded to him. "Thank you again Professor."

He bowed his head. "Anytime for a hard working student." He raised an eyebrow. "Even for one who should be resting."

"I promise not to study too hard."

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to my class." He bowed out leaving us to his room.

The guys helped me into the office and Franklin whistled. "I see why you like this place. Seems peaceful and a place even I would come to study in." He flopped down on the pillow I was on earlier.

Marek frowned. "That's Hope's spot."

I frowned at Marek. "But I can sit anywhere. The place is full of pillows."

"But you're the one staying while we need to get to classes. I can see why he's picky at where I flopped at." Franklin said as he thrusted himself off of the pillow and stepped aside while he bowed and offered it like a gentleman. "For you my lady. I believe I warmed it for you."

I just shook my head at him and took the seat he offered. "Sometimes I don't know you like I used to."

"Maybe we just never really knew each other because I've been thinking the same thing." He said under his breathe just loud enough for me to hear. He glanced at me for a second before walking over to the door.

Marek smiled at me as he pulled a small envelop of beautiful parchment paper. "I created these pieces of paper for you. You write a note to me or anyone and it will transport itself to us. Just fold it and think of us. It will do the rest. If you just want to pass notes, just write one. Most Professors won't mind this kind of passing notes."

I bit my lip. This would be fun. "I might just pas you a note later then."

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Then I can't wait." He rose. "Don't study too hard and relax. When I get out of classes for the day, I'll be back up here and I think I'll wrap your ankle. I think you'll need it for a more comfortable time walking."

I smiled at him. "You should get to class. And I'll write to you later. I've got my classwork right here." I pointed to the small pile next to me with a note on top.

He smiled at the pile before he and Franklin left. I looked at the pile and smiled myself. I liked that Professor Gilliett had left me some work.

I lifted up the note and found that he didn't just leave today's work, but the next class' just in case I need more to do. He wanted me to have enough to do and get a head start on other things. That he felt today's work was going to be too easy for me. I thought that was interesting that he thought so highly of me. He even said that I should trust myself.

I found as I was working on the work Professor Gilliett left me, he was right. I did end up working on the next class work that he left me. It was so easy and actually fun to do. With the notes he left me and the reading that went with it, I felt I might have a lot of fun in his classes.

After I had that done, I decided to send some notes to Marek. 'Hey... How's class?' I folded the piece of parchment up and thought of it landing on Marek's desk.

A few moments later the piece of parchment was back resting on my lap. 'Urgh. This one seems so boring. Were reading right now the first chapter. What are you up to?'