Part 15

Fifteen

What can I say about my second day of classes... WOW! I had never loved school or learning so much. Even my English class was one that I don't think I'll not like going to. My English teacher makes you so excited even to learn conjugates.

When I got to Defense Basics, I was so giddy that Franklin had to hold me still as he laughed his head off. Even if it was the last class of the day, I was more than ready to check out this class. Though one thing was disappointing about the class, for the first month we're in strength building and toning.

Professor Sharridge had us sweating as we ran a mile before we were doing pull-ups and sit-up. At the end of class, both Franklin and I were helping each other out of the room we were so tired.

Once I had gotten back to my room and showered, I felt some energy come back to me. Even with that energy, I was still tired from the grueling Defense class. I found out that Defense class was the equivalent of gym class. And I think Professor Sharridge had fun making us sweat.

Both me and Franklin sighed happily when we sank into our seats in the great hall. I said Marek holding in his laughs with a hand over his mouth. This made me smile and shake my head at him.

He leaned over toward me. "Professor Sharridge?"

"Is it that obvious?"

He chuckled and took my hand stretching it out before him. He slowly and gently started massaging my arm. I laid back and closed my eyes. As he moved up my arm, he leaned closer to me. "So... How is your ankle? Is the ointment helping?"

I smiled with my eyes still closed. "It's been amazing. My ankle doesn't even feel hurt at all. Haven't all day."

He stroked my cheek. "Good."

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "You should be a doctor. You're very talented to be a great one."

He smiled brightly and leaned closer. "You want to know a secret?" I nodded. "That's exactly what I want to do. I've always wanted to be a doctor and help people."

I smiled. "And I know you will be."

He placed his elbow on the arm of his seat and put his chin in his palm. "What about you missy? Do you have any ideas for the future?"

I sighed. "I don't know. I don't know what I'd be good at."

"Well... I think you have a whole world of options. You have gifts that you're just now discovering. Keep an open mind this year because you mind be surprised at what you're drawn to."

"Are you two lovebirds done now?" Franklin asked grumpily. He must not feel as renewed as I had after he showered. Or it could be Marek's talented fingers that have helped me which Franklin hasn't been fortunate to feel.

I giggled tiredly. "Did you just call us lovebirds?"

Franklin slouched in his chair with his elbow on his arm rest and his head cradled in his hand. He looks so exhausted from Defense class. But it looked like he had thoroughly enjoyed his mentor's class.

"Yes I did because you both have been acting like that. Especially after that one girl showed major interest in Marek."

Marek sat back. "I wouldn't mind being her boyfriend."

I put my hands up. "Okay okay. No talk of boyfriends just yet. I'm still finding my feet here almost literally." Everyone in our group laughed at my silly joke.

Marek smiled as he tilted his head to the side with a thought. "How about you? What do you want to be when you grow up Franklin?"

A sly smile came to Franklin's face as he shrugged his shoulders. "I've thought about being a cop. A detective to be more exact. If not that, then a bodyguard."