Part 3

Three

The next morning was interesting. We had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. I had waffles with scrambled eggs and hash browns. Marek was smiling the whole time as he had his over easy eggs with toast. He had coffee which I pulled a face at. I had tea.

I'm glad I wasn't traveling alone. The airport was noisy and confusing. It looked like Marek was a pro at this. He told me everything I needed to do and where we were going. I followed him like a little lost child. He even had his hand in mine so I wouldn't go wandering.

We had gotten to the airport an hour early as he said that we needed to because of the new airport procedures. Security had taken forever. I wasn't surprised when he pulled a laptop out of his carry-on.

I noticed the insignia on the laptop. It must be the school's insignia. A phoenix holding open a book with a star shining out of the middle of the book. It was a very interesting insignia.

Our gate was the farthest from the entrance. When we finally got to the gate, we only had to wait ten minutes for our flight. We still sat down in two chairs near the walkway that will lead to our plane.

Marek kept hold of both our tickets. He said he wanted to make sure I didn't lose mine. I didn't mind. I might have lost my ticket being a new flyer an all. He was my escort and didn't want to lose me on the way to the school.

Marek turned and smiled down at me. "You want to know which section we're sitting in?" His smile looked mischievous.

I frowned. "Not first class."

He laughed and slung an arm around my shoulder. "That's right. The school wouldn't do anything less for any of their students."

"Why does the school do these things?"

He shrugged. "It was founded by old money. With money comes the finer things in life and the wanting of nothing less. I think it is nice they treat everyone equal. No one knows who has money and who doesn't there. We're all equals as the world should be."

I smiled up at him as he still had his arm around me. "That's nice to know."

"I will warn you that there are a few that ignore that equality rule. If anyone brings up money, tell a teacher because it is very frowned upon."

"Thanks."

He smiled down at me. "You're welcome. I'm your introduction into the school." He looked up at a laugh that seemed to boom through the terminal. "Well look who is on our flight." He turned to me smiling. "You get to meet another from the school."

He got up pulling me up with him. I saw as a guy our age was walking our way with other guy. A guy I knew all too well. My little brother's best friend, Franklin Masters. The guy loved tormenting me with my brother. They always found a way to make my school life hell. When my friends had been there, they helped me get pay back on the boys.

Franklin is a tall guy for his age just like Marek, the guy next to Franklin, and myself. Standing at five foot ten and I bet still growing. His hair is black and shabby in that stylish way. He has a tone body because he skate boards with my brother. His eyes were both chocolate brown and always looking mischievous. And his cocky grin said the same thing. He loved playing tricks and was good at it too.

The two boys stopped in front of us and Marek put his hand out to the unknown guy. The guy had sandy blonde hair and sky blue eyes that looked like he laughed all the time. He had a good time all the time. That there wasn't an ounce of seriousness in him.

The guy took one glance down at the hand held out to him, took and pulled Marek swiftly into a guy hug. You know when they still held hands and clapped the other's back sharply and manly. They looked like really close friends.