Part 12

Twelve

My heart pounded so hard as i stepped fully into the room that seemed to be empty. But a second later, I was engulfed in a massive bear hug. Thankfully my counterpart was holding me as my legs felt like they couldn't support me any longer.

I reached my hand up and around their back being so happy I was being held. I didn't want to move for a little bit. Just to be held by the one that's supposed to be my other half. The one that compliments me perfectly.

He pulled back just a little and I opened my eyes when I felt him kissing my cheeks over and over again. I sucked in a breathe seeing who it was. Marek! I couldn't help but throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. I felt his arms binding around my waist and lifting me off the floor so I was no longer touching it.

"I knew it. I knew you were my counterpart." He whispered in my ear. I just smiled and held him to me. I was just as deliriously happy as he was to be counterparts.

We held each other till our phones vibrated signally the end of the pairing. Marek let me down and I put my arm around his waist as he kept one around mine. We walked like that out of the room and down the stairs toward the great hall. I wasn't ashamed that we looked cozy like this. We're counterparts!

In the great hall, Nathan and Danielle looked up and she twisted out of her seat smiling. She skipped over to us. "Nathan was right! We get pendants!" I think she was happier that Marek and I were counterparts than getting pendants but I love that she said it out loud.

Marek raised an eyebrow at his best friend. "What is this about pendants?"

Nathan laughed as he came over and looped his arms around Danielle from the back. "You weren't supposed to tell him." He said grinning as he winked at me.

Danielle giggled winking at me too. "Don't worry. We'll pick them out this weekend."

I looked around. "Has anyone seen Franklin?"

Danielle and Nathan frowned as they shook their heads. "It's possible that he wasn't lucky enough to get his counterpart. He might be being paired with a temporary right now. It doesn't take long for that to be decided on." Marek said. He was feeling sorry for Franklin if it turned out to be true.

I turned around when I heard more commotion and the great hall's doors open. My eyes were instantly drawn to Franklin who was walking beside a girl his age. He looked disappointed. He did get his true counterpart. He just got a temporary one.

He walked up to us only glancing for a moment. Marek put a hand on his shoulder. "You'll do just fine anyways this year. Don't worry."

Franklin's lip quirked. "I see you got your counterpart." He glanced over at me. He smirked as he pulled me over into a head lock. "You just had to show me up, didn't you?"

I laughed when he started to tickle me. He only tickled me for a minute before releasing me and turning to the girl standing shyly next to him. "Let me introduce you guys to my temporary counterpart Zera." He looked at the cute red head beside him. "Zera, these are my friends. Marek, Hope, Nathan, and Danielle." He pointed to us as he told her our names.

I smiled and extended my hand. "Nice to meet you Zera."

She blushed and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you all too." She seemed to shy away and hide a little behind Franklin.

He put an arm around her to comfort her. "Lets go sit down so we can have lunch." She seemed to smile a little more at that up at him.

We wandered over to our area of the table. I looked around as I sat down and sat that the different groups were a little jumbled up. I caught sight of Kathleen and she looked very pissed that I was Marek's true counterpart.