Part 28

Chapter 28

"Fer! What are you doing?!" I woke to Marek loud whisper and the soft groan of a door.

"I'm just going to wake her up." Feria whispered innocently.

I suppressed a giggled as I laid on the bed turned away from them. I could feel Marek shaking his head at his sister. I felt her coming closer. Sneaking toward me. I was prepared for whatever she was about to do.

I felt her crouch down before leaping into the air. I had predicted this. I have grown to call it the Nathan wake up call. As she descended to the bed right next to me, I shifted and made the bedding fly up. I rolled away bitting my lower lip to prevent more giggles.

I hide beside the bed as Feria fully landed on the bed. "Huh? She was just here." I could hear her shifting the sheets around searching for me.

I gave her a few moments to search before I put my plan to action. I jumped up from beside the bed. "BOO!" I shouted.

She yelped loudly and fell off the bed. Marek was on the floor laughing with me. I was leaning over the edge of the bed laughing so hard that my side started to hurt. It was so fun doing that to her.

Marek calmed down a little and walked over to me. "And yet you don't do that to Nathan." He chuckled still laughing breathlessly.

I shrugged. "I was never really awake when he does it." I said just as breathless.

Feria popped her head up grinning. "I like her so much." She started untangling herself from my bedding. "Breakfast will be in a little." She took hold of Marek's collar and started dragging him out of my room. "So get dress. And dress for shopping as there is still much that we need to get."

I blanched a little when the door closed. Shopping? I was still too new at it. And I didn't have Danielle or Zera. How will I know if I'm getting the right things? What would I get Marek and his family?

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. I could do it. I've learned a lot this past several months. I just have to use my intuition to guide me. That's all. No big deal. Gulp.

I dressed in a simple outfit with some slight heeled boots for comfort. I put on a t-shirt and a sweater with my jeans. And all that was left was to pull my hair up into a ponytail. I grabbed one of the three purses I now owned and slid my wallet into it. My check card and bank book was inside.

I've gotten really good at keeping track of my money and limiting my spending. I now had over twenty thousand dollars in my account. That was a lot of money, but it wasn't going to worry about spending it. I was trying to save and continue to save it throughout my school career. It was going to be my scholarship fun for college.

I smile to Helena as I slid into my seat. She smiled back as she came over with a plate. "How did you sleep Miss Hope?"

"Very well Helena, and you could call me just Hope."

She smiled more. "Alright dear. Would you like some tea?"

I started to get up. "I can get it if your busy."

She stopped me. "Nope. It's my job to make sure you all have food and drink. Just sit and save your energy." She winked. "You'll need it with Miss Feria."

I giggled at her. I really liked Helena. "She's that bad?"

Helena smirked. "Let's just say that I was given the next day off." She shook her head as she pulled down a tea cup and started fixing my tea. "once that girl starts, there is no stopping her when it comes to shopping." She looked down at my shoes. "Good. You're wearing sensible shoes."