Part 25

Chapter 25

The front door opened and my favorite aunt was smiling. "Hope. You made it." She took the step forward and embraced me. Like everyone else, she did it very delicately so I wouldn't get hurt.

She turned to Marek who stood beside me helping to hold me up. Because I was still bruised all over, it hurt do many things. Thankfully bathing wasn't an issue. I could move the water and sit on the ledge of the bathtub to wash.

She hugged Marek who was a bit shocked by this. He had thought my whole family was like my mom and brothers, but not my aunt. She was very nice and friendly. Only my grandmother would be more... prudent when it came to 'outsiders'.

She pulled back. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too ma'am."

She laughed. "None of that please. I'm not my mother. Just call me Dee." She moved back inside. "Come on in."

Marek helped me in and she guided them over to the family room where everyone was mingling about. They all greeted us but made no move to hug me before I was sitting down. I wished I wasn't so banged up seeing me family again, but that can't be avoided.

Soon everyone was asked Marek questions and asked us about our relationship. Marek just smiled and answered the question for me. I smiled at him and blushed a little that floored my family. They had never heard of me liking someone this much or seen how I was with Marek. They must be very happy that I was just a normal girl liking a guy like any teenage girl.

It was the day before thanksgiving so there was only my grandparents and my Aunt Dee here to interrogate Marek and I. My cousin was out with her friends that were still around.

I was going to have to share a room with my cousin Milly. She had grumbled in the background when I phoned my Aunt to tell her what happened. I was the one taking Milly's bed instead of the floor like always.

Marek would be sleeping in one of the two guest rooms. He frowned that I wasn't getting the guest bed. He was welling to just sleep on the floor. My aunt had vetoed that suggestion. She was in the mind set that boys don't sleep in the same room with a girl.

Marek helped me over to the dining tale for dinner. My family smiled at his care over me. I heard the front door open and Milly came skipping in. She had a smile on her face as she sat down at the table. That was till she looked over at me.

I was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't have a bandage on my head or the ugly bruises along the side of my face. I still had my scarf around my head. I had gotten used to wearing it to cover my bandages that I continued.

"Hey Hope." She sounded reluctant to greet me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Marek fight the frown that I knew he wanted to have there. I squeezed his hand and he smiled at me raising my hand and giving it a quick peck.

Milly saw that and now she was staring at Marek. I saw and felt interest in her gaze. I frowned internally at this. I didn't want to have to worry about this. My cousin liking Marek. I don't want to be concerned with her doing something that he wouldn't want.

But Marek hadn't seen anything. He was accepting our drinks from my Aunt. He handed me mine smiling at me. I smiled at him as I took a drink before setting it down. I hoped Milly doesn't do anything.

"Hope. Why don't you take your scarf off at the table?"

I blushed at my grandma's reprimanding. I pulled the scarf down with my right hand. "Sorry Grandma." She nodded in satisfaction.

Overall, dinner went by smoothly. My family wasn't too bad. Or too inquisitive. This was the first time my family felt relaxed toward me. I guess I felt the tension before because of my mom and brothers. Without them, the atmosphere was easy and a bit fun. Having Marek there was helpful too. He was so soothing to have with me.