Epilogue

Epilogue:

I carried two fragile bundles in my arms, supporting their heads. I walked out of our room, just to be instantly greeted by my sisters. Jeremiah follows me, another bundle in his arms.

“They're beautiful, Antarctica.” Valentina cooed to the bundle.

“What will you name them?” Melody asked.

“Demetria chose names for them.” I grinned at Demetria. Her eyes were on the babies, her fingers gingerly stroking their foreheads.

She returned the grin. “I named them Anastacia, Annalise and Antoinette.”

“Such lovely names!” Autumna exclaimed.

A smile remained on my lips as I walked gently to my garden plot. Leaves were swirling around me as I took wary steps. He was seated on the wooden bench below the white cherry-blossom.

He greeted almost instantly, standing up at my presence. I smiled as I carefully handed him Anastacia.

“That's your first niece.”

He did not reply. Instead he held the baby in his arms, marvelling at it. “ I wish I have one.”

“You will soon, Armando.”

He stroked the tuft of brown hair on top of the baby's head. The little angel smiled in her sleep. Her rosy cheeks became adorable little puffs when she smiled.

“You will soon.”

He gave me back my child and he went away to attend to some business. I am now left in my garden with one of the most perfect daughters in the world, surrounded by flowers that I love.

I sighed. “Oh, Anastacia, I hope you would not have to go through what I went through in the past few months.”

She smiled once again in her sleep. I know that under those white eyelids are a pair of eyes as blue as mine.