Chapter 20

The love potions were selling quicker than we thought they would, even though it was forbidden to sell them.

     "Poor things," George sighed in a sarcastic manner as the last Ravenclaw boy who had bought one was now out of sight.

     "Yeah," Fred nodded in fake sympathy. "So desperate for love."

     "You're alone on Valentine's day too, Weasley." I said. "Looks to me like you might need one tomorrow as well."

     "I'm single by choice!" He retorted, pointing a finger at me defensively.

     "Mhmm..." I grinned. "Then prove it."

     Fred blinked a few times. "Prove what?"

     "Prove that you're single by choice." I shrugged, still grinning. "Ask someone out."

     Fred opened his mouth a few times but closed it, not knowing what to answer. He then looked over at George for support but he shook his head and said, "Don't drag me into this."

     "Well?" I raised a brow challengingly.

     "I – I don't want to." He mumbled.

     "And why not?" I smiled, feeling triumphant.

     "Because – because we were supposed to prank Filch!" He finally said, more strongly this time.

     "Yeah!" George nodded in support. "We would never pass on the opportunity to make Filch miserable. It's against our religion."

     I chuckled. "And what exactly is this religion?"

     "Pranksterotic," they answered together.

***

To this day, I still can't believe how we actually managed to trick Peeves into taking the muffins which we had filled up with love potion, making him believe that they were sent by Filch.

     It was finally Valentine's day. Everyone was with their partner and some still looking for one.

     But not Fred, George, and I, who were hiding behind the corridor's wall, waiting for Peeves to eat the muffins. We were all alone in that deserted corridor, except for Peeves.

     "So here's the plan," I started reviewing for the third time that day, "the moment Peeves eats the muffins, we cause an explosion to attract Filch's attention and drag him here. And when he comes, we'll just stay here long enough to catch the show, then we'll make a run for it and will get out of the castle so we wouldn't miss the carriages to Hogsmeade."

     "Shh! Look!" George pointed at Peeves at the end of the corridor who had taken the muffins which had a note next to them, saying,

     Warning: they're absolutely not to be touched by anyone.
Argus Filch

     "Quickly! Do it, Fred!" I hissed and so, Fred took out his wand, casting a spell and making a part of the wall opposite us explode.

     It didn't take more than a minute until someone shouted, "WHO DID THAT! MAGIC IN THE CORRIDORS IS FORBIDDEN!"

     We stood behind the wall, trying hard not to laugh too loudly when we saw Filch come to sight.

     "Filchykins!" Peeves yelled, catching Filch off guard.

     "Peeves! Did you explode that wall!?" Filch bellowed angrily. "I'll get you this time for this! Wait until headmaster hear–!"