Chapter 152

The next morning, Fred and George had a day off at the joke shop and so surprisingly, I woke up before either of them did.

       Looking over my shoulder as I was laying on the bed, I saw Fred sleeping soundlessly on his side, the covers drawn up to his face and only his red hair out.

       I felt a smile make its way through my face at his peaceful sight and so I stood up from the bed, tiptoeing out of the room.

       After taking a quick shower and changing out of my starry pajamas, I walked into the kitchen to surprise the boys with breakfast.

        Deciding on making scrambled eggs, I took them out, humming a song to myself as I tried to get it ready. But not five minutes later, I let out a shriek as it got caught on fire.

       The two doors then opened and Fred and George rushed out of their rooms with their wands clutched in their grasps as they ran toward me with widened eyes.

        "What is it!? What happened!?" Fred asked in horror, but he snorted with laughter the moment he walked into the kitchen and saw me struggling to put out the fire hopelessly.

       "Help me, you gits!" I yelled, trying desperately to get rid of the fire as George laughed from behind us.

       "Are you a witch or what?" said Fred as he walked forward and pointed his wand at the eggs on flames and said, "Aguamenti!"

       With that, a jet of water shot out of the end of his wand and finally put the fire out. I sighed in relief, placing a hand on my fast beating heart.

        "Dunno why I forgot to use my wand," I said earnestly, trying to calm my breathing. "It was in the bedroom and for a second I forgot that I wasn't a Muggle anymore."

       "Well, the breakfast looks delicious!" George said mockingly, looking down at the burnt eggs.

        "What did you even do?" Fred asked me with a grin.

       "Nothing!" I said defensively. "One second everything was fine, and the next thing I knew it got caught on fire!"

       "Well, here's new rule," George started, turning to face me, "you're not allowed to cook in this household anymore."

       "What!? Why not!?" I said stubbornly, crossing my arms.

       "When was the last time you had cooked something, Snappy?" asked George.

        "Just a few minutes ago," I said wittily. The twins gave me a knowing look, so I sighed in defeat. "Fine. This may or may not have been my first time cooking."

        "And the last time," Fred and George said together.

       "You should be showing more support to your friend!" I pointed a finger at them.

        "We would, we really would," said Fred, "but we also don't want our house to be burnt down."

       "You guys are gits," I said jokingly, walking out of the kitchen, the sound of their laughter following me behind.

       That night, something exciting awaited us after a dark time which followed Dumbledore's death.

       It was Tonks and Remus's wedding.

       We all wore something casual, seeing as it was going to be a quiet ceremony and not too many people were invited, considering the state of things.

        Having finally passed my Apparition test, for the first time I Apparated on my own to Tonks's parents' house. There were only less than twenty people present, around half of them being the Weasleys.

       "Oh, hello!" Tonks said enthusiastically the moment she saw us, pacing quickly forward to greet us.

      She was wearing the most adorable white dress, even though very plain, with her hair as pink and cute as always.

       "Congratulations, you two," I said, bringing her into a hug.

       "Sorry that the party isn't too glorious," she said with a sheepish grin. "But glad you could make it! The snack table is over. Why don't you help yourself?"And then she left our side to engage Fleur in a conversation, who looked beautiful in her silver long dress. .

       "Oh, look! There's Sirius," I told Fred and George, pointing at where he was standing across the place, talking with Remus.

       I noticed that Sirius looked rather distressed, yet was still managing to keep a smile on his face for the sake of his friend on his wedding night.

       "His girlfriend's been sent on a mission," Fred said from beside me as he caught me staring, making me jump. "I guess that's why he looks so worried."

        "What kind of mission?" I mused, turning to face the twins.

        "Dunno." George shrugged. "Dad says she's gone undercover to see what's been happening on You-Know-Who's side."

        "But Mum reckons she'll be back for Bill and Fleur's wedding," said Fred. "Maybe we'll get to officially meet her then."

        "Yeah..." I said in a small voice, turning to glance around at Sirius again. "Maybe."

       "So did you hear the news?" George asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

       "What news?" I questioned.

      "We're moving Harry next week," Fred answered in a whisper, even though everyone present at this party already was a part of the Order.

       "Yeah, I already know." I nodded.

       "Damn, I keep forgetting that she knows everything," said George with a grin.

       "Honestly, you could've come here and claimed you were a Seer!" said Fred and I chuckled. "You would've become rich and famous!"

       "Yeah, imagine if three years ago you told everyone about You-Know-Who returning," said George.

        "Or you predicted that Snape was going to murder Dumbledore," said Fred.

         "Yeah, it would've been cool, but the problem is that no one was going to believe me," I reasoned. "I mean... Harry literally saw Voldemort return and the stupid Ministry wouldn't believe him afterward for a whole year."

        George made a proud face. "You know, Professor Snappy's making some good points."

        "Oh, yes," Fred nodded enthusiastically, "all hail Snappy the Wise!" And then with that, the two boys bowed down dramatically.

       I shook my head at them in disappointment. "Why I agreed to live with you two idiots, I'll never know."