Chapter 151

I stared between the box and Fred with widened eyes, feeling lost for words. "Fred..." I whispered in a hollow voice.

"Yes, well, it's a tradition to give a watch to a wizard or witch who comes of age," said Fred, smiling as I took the watch out of the little box, gaping at it in awe.

"But — but how much did it cost you?" I asked, glancing down at the expensive-looking watch.

"Meh." He shrugged. "Don't worry 'bout that. Want me to put it on for you?"

"Sure!" I said excitedly and so Fred took the watch from me, putting it around my wrist.

"You know, I really would say that 'oh, I can't accept it'... but I love it too much," I said as I admired the watch and Fred chuckled.

       "I'm glad that you liked it," he said with a smile, leaning down to bring me into another kiss.

***

That night when we were saying goodbye to the guests so we could go back to the twins' flat, I started to feel a little nervous, seeing as it was the first night I was going to spend there.

       Four years ago, I didn't even know Fred and George existed, so I never thought I would one day actually go out with one of them, and more so, to live with them.

      I Apparated along-side with Fred to Diagon Alley. When we got to their flat above the joke shop, George yawned and bid us a small goodnight before going into his room.

       I walked toward the guest room in which Sirius had put my trunk earlier that day to get my pajamas. But I frowned in confusion when I looked around with attention for the first time.

        "Hey, Fred?" I called him out and so he walked into the bedroom.

        "What?"

       "I've been in this room before!"

        "Yeah, today, genius."

        "No! I mean before!"

        "Er.... so?"

        "So I just realized that this isn't the guest room! This is your room!" I placed my hands on my hips, giving him a knowing look. "You knew Sirius wasn't going to let me stay in your room, so you lied and said that the other one was yours so he would put my trunk in here!"

        Fred's grin widened at that. "I bet Uncle Sirius didn't see that one coming."

        I shook my head at him. "Why go through all the trouble, anyways? It wasn't going to be that hard to just move my trunk."

        "Yeah, but I still wanted to get exactly that reaction from you," he said with a sly smile.

        "You're an idiot, Weasley," I said with a playful sigh before kicking him out of the room so I could change into my pajamas.

       After a few minutes when I was fully changed and ready for bed, I heard a knock on the door.

       "Are you done?" I heard Fred ask.

       "Yeah, you can come in," I said, getting my hair out of the ponytail and letting the brown waves down.

        When I looked over at Fred by the doorway, I saw that he too was now changed into his comfortable clothes.

        "Cute," he said with a grin, pointing at my pajamas as he closed the door behind him and got inside.

       I could see what he was finding so amusing; my pajamas were an embarrassment. They were baggy and blue, with tiny little white stars all over them. But I liked it anyway.

       "What? They're comfortable, which is the perfect state for sleeping," I said defensively as he walked into the room and toward the bed.

       "I didn't say anything, love," he said teasingly. "In fact, as I recall, I called them cute."

       "Yeah, sure," I said, unconvinced. But then suddenly my stomach lurched as I watched Fred get under the covers.

        "What?" His lips curled up into a small smirk when he caught be staring at him.

        "I — well — this is a little weird, isn't it?" I mused. "I mean... we've never done this before."

        "Why do you have to be dramatic about everything, Hooper?" Fred said with a small laugh. "You're just going to sleep like you always do, only with the slight difference that this time you're going to have a handsome man laying next to you."

      I shook my head at him, walking over the bed. "You sure do think a lot of yourself, don't you, Mr. Weasley?"

       "It's the truth, Miss Black," he added the last part in a whisper, making me chuckle.

       I climbed onto the bed, catching him off guard when I suddenly leaned in and kissed him. I felt Fred smile against my lips as he wrapped an arm around me, bringing me closer to him.

       But before I could deepen the kiss, Fred suddenly gave a stop to it and pulled away, his ears going red.

       "So... er..." he cleared his throat, looking awkwardly away from me. "Goodnight." And with that, he pecked me sweetly on the cheek before turning his back on me and laying his head down on the pillow, closing his eyes.

       I blinked at the back of his head in confusion, having no idea why he was acting so weird lately. So I just shrugged to myself, going under the covers to sleep after a long day.

***

The next morning when I woke up, Fred was already gone. Looking at the clock on my nightstand, I figured that he was already down in the shop with George. So getting ready, I went down to help them around.

       They still had a few costumers unlike other shops in Diagon Alley that were completely deserted. But the costumers weren't there to buy Fever Fudges or Puking Pastils. They were only interested in the Shielding Hats and Cloaks.

        But I took aback when around noon the door to the shop opened and I saw Neville coming inside.

        "Lexi!" He waved at me and so I went toward him for a quick hug. "Didn't know you'd be here!"

        "It's so good to see you, Neville." I gave him a smile. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

        "I came to buy a few Shielding Hats for Gran. She says she doesn't need them, but you never know," he said with a sad shrug. "I also came to Diagon Alley for a new wand. Did you know mine was blasted in the battle at Hogwarts?"

        "R-really?" I said nervously.

       Of course I knew his wand was broken, seeing as I was the one who had blasted it after drinking the Felix Felicis at the battle.

       Neville's wand was supposed to be blasted at the Ministry in the Department of Mysteries in fifth year, but because of my mistake of meddling, he didn't even show up there and so his wand was safe.

      His old wand didn't belong to Neville, therefore it never worked well for him. But after it was blasted, he was supposed to buy his own one.

       But now, only one question remained.

       "Hang on," I started in confusion, "how are going to buy a wand? Ollivander's was closed last year."

        "Well, Gran knew a family member of the wand maker who was actually Ollivander's student once. So Gran asked him if he could open up the shop only for a few minutes so I could get one of Ollivander's old wands which was made before he was taken away," Neville explained with a goofy smile, taking out his new wand and showing it to me. "I mean... how lucky is that?"

        I grinned, thanking the Felix Felicis in my mind. "Yeah... pretty lucky."

      Everything had finally fallen into place.