Bonus Chapter: Kids!!

Holy Crepe it's been a while. I saw some people asking for a kids thing so I tried.

-----------------

I stared at the glistening snow that fell to the ground outside my window. The glass was cool to the touch. A thought popped into my head. I want to watch TV. Wait what's a TV? I'm sure mommy knows!!

I nearly fell flat on my face as I rushed to the door. The long halls of the palace were lined with intricate tapestries. At least that is what I've been told but I don't really know what an intricate or a tapestry is so I ignored them. On the other hand I did like the pretty fabric things on the walls! I turned the corner only to have my face met with a pillow. Oh oops that's the bead maids tummy never mind.

"Sophie, why are you running!?" The head maid scolded. "How many times do I have to tell you not to run in the halls?"

"I'm sorry," I looked down at the stone floor. "I had to ask mommy a question!"

She sighed, "she's in the library at the moment, to the right third door down."

"Thank you!!!!" I smiled a toothy grin and continued to sprint as fast as I could to the library.

"That child!" I could hear the head maid grumble.

I giggled as I swung the large oak doors open and stepped into the big library. Big was an understatement, a better word is something like... gigantic!! I heard mom humming a tune and followed her voice

"You can't hold my heart no more... and I'm waiting for your arms to fall... you can't hold my heart no more..." she sang.

"Mommy!" I jumped onto her leg.

"What the f-" she screamed as she looked down at me "friends... friends are good hehehe make lots of friends... yeah." She nodded as if what she said didn't make any sense to her either.

I grinned, "watcha singing?"

She smiled. "Just a song I remember from a long time ago." She frowned. "I kinda miss the cool stuff from that place."

"Cool cool, I have a big question though" I said as I flopped onto the hard wood floor.

"Fire away," she smiled as she turned the page of her novel.

I didn't understand her weird way of talking, it made learning to speak really hard because she would always say something like, "ok boomer" or " low key dying of laughter" but when I asked people what that meant they said they didn't know."

"Um what's a TV? I was just thinking about something to do and I was suddenly like, huh I wanna watch TV, except I have no idea what that is." I asked.

She stopped reading and set down her book. She took me into her arms and hugged me.

"I'm not sure how you know that but I think there's some things we need to talk about, your father should probably be here too." She whispered.

"What about Charlie?" I asked.

She giggled slightly, "your brother is only three months old, he's not exactly ready for this."

"Oh, okay." I swung my arms back and forth.

--------

Mommy had carried me to daddies study. She knocked on the door quietly and walked in. What's the point of knocking if your just going to walk in? My dad looked up from the piles of papers on his desk. My dad really likes paper, he looks at it all day but I think he like mom more cause he stares at her longer.

"Veronica!" Dad smiled as his eyes met moms.

"Wesley, our daughter seems to have discovered the thing." Mom raised her eyebrows to signal that it was a specific thing.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. "So soon?"

My mom nodded.

"I'm not ready for this talk!" He panicked and his eyes landed on me. "Honey when two people love each other very much sometimes the-"

"No not that one!" My mom hissed. "The other one with the other world stuff."

"Oh." He shut his mouth. "How did she find out!!"

My walked over me over to a chair and sat me down. "Something tells me it was inevitable. She says thoughts just popped into her head about the other world though it doesn't sound like she had another life. This may be a result of me actually."

"In what way?" My father got up from his desk and walked over to where I sat and my mother kneeled.

"Well, she is my daughter so maybe my past life affects her in some way... there's not really any way to know it seems." She answered.

"This is so cool!" I squealed. "I'm gonna be super cool like mommy and have cool powers and go pew pew! Just like in the movies! Wait what's movies?" I scratched my head unsure of the thought that just popped into my head.

My mom giggled and patted my head. "Yup, looks like she has a few ideas from the other world in that head of hers." I continued looking at her for an answer in which she replied with, "movies are similar to plays except they are played in a box and you can skip things or go back using a stick thing with buttons."

"Sounds weird..." my face contorted at the thought. "I want one!"

"What if this causes problems? Maybe we should have waited to explain this to her," my dad sighs nervously.

My mom pouts. "Honey, I've seen Frozen about a million times. I'm not that stupid."

"Okay... so I don't understand anything you just said... but I trust your judgement." He smiled and pulled mom closer. "And most of all I trust you."

"Ew! Mommy and daddy are having a moment!" I squealed and tried to run out of the room.

Mom scooped me up. "Silly girl." She tickled my tummy and I giggled. "Before you go though, you little gremlin, try not to tell anyone about any of this." I nodded my head in understanding. She frowned, "although it is quite hard for kids to keep a secret..." her face lit up with an idea. "If you ever tell anyone, I won't let you have cookies or cake for a whole two months."

What!? No!! "I promise not to tell anyone!!! Please please don't take away my yummies!!" I tugged her sleeve.

She smiled, "okay, you can go play now."

I smiled a big toothy grin. "Okay!!!!"

----------

Okay that was so hard to write because I ended up not knowing what the heck to do after the talk. Oh well 😑