2

Use this life and our gifts wisely. A voice called out from the darkness.

What happened... I thought as I looked around at my surroundings. Where am I? I looked around at the book shelves that lined one of the walls and a dresser at another. A girl in a maid uniform, not the kind my mom always had on for my dad whenever they were doing disgusting things, rushed into the room carrying a medicine tray.

"Oh my goodness you are awake!" Her words came out rushed.

I looked down at myself noticing my body was a lot smaller. I then looked to the energetic maid who had started preparing some medicine for me.

"We thought the fever was never going to go away!" She laughed.

I silently nodded still unsure of what the heck was going on. "Ummmm... my brain is a bit fuzzy... can you tell me where I am?"

"You're in your room of course! Silly Veronica!" She laughed.

At that exact moment all of Veronica's memories can rushing back to me. The overload of knowledge gave my a slight headache and I held my head in pain.

"Veronica, are you okay?" Maria the maid asked.

"Yeah... fine. Just some after math of the fever." I replied blinking a few times.

"I'll leave you to rest." The now much calmer Maria said as she backed out of the room.

So... I died but now I'm here. I vaguely remembered a book I read like this where a girl died in a car accident and woke up as a villainess in her favorite otome game. I looked at myself in the mirror to see if I recognized my self from a movie or anything. I didn't. The name Veronica didn't ring a bell either. Looking at my face it was quite delicate and pretty for a... 6 year old? I wasn't quite sure how old I was but I looked around 6 years old. I hobbled out of my room in my night gown to the library. The memories from Veronica's passed helped me find it but it was still a hassle since she hadn't been there many times. I opened the big brown doors to reveal a small room filled with books. Apparently just about nobody ever used the library seeing as it was covered in dust lining a table with two chairs and the many bookshelves. I knew I needed to do research as my first priority. Although I had Veronica's memories she was still a not very smart 6 year old and from what I could see, all she ever did was play with the maids in the garden, doing things like hide and seek or tag. I looked through each of the sections to get a sense of each section contained. This was a habit I had every time I went to a new library in my old world. Study tip #24 always know your local or most conveniently reachable library like the back of your hand. This way you will not have to wait for a slow and lazy library intern to finish their snack if you want to find something. In this case there wasn't a librarian so I would need to memorize for sure. I first started with history seeing as that was the most crucial information I needed. I found a series of books contains the full history of the kingdom I lived up until a decade ago. Perfect! I grabbed the whole series of the shelf and piled them into my small arms. Oof! I fell forward from the sheer wait of the books which were heavier than me. I ended up taking them to the table one by one and slowly read them. It took the entire night but I managed to get through all of them. By the end of it I had learned that this land was called Erifia and was currently ruled by King Darwin and Queen Elise. There was also magic, elves, fairies, and other cool fantasy things in this world. My eyelids started to drop as I realized that although my mental state was used to an all nighter, my physical state wasn't. I trudged back to my room, happy with today's progress.