6

"STRAIGHTEN YOUR SHOULDERS! DON'T HOLD BACK! FOCUS ON THE TARGET!" Garrett the old man spat at me. "GOOD! NOW FOCUS ON NOT BENDING YOUR ARM UNTIL YOU HAVE TO SWING!"

I followed his directions with as much precision as I could. I hit the make shift target right in the stomach but I just bounced off.

"Ow!" I yelped falling onto my butt for the a hundredth time.

"Your form is better but the amount of force you are putting into your attacks is too weak!" He explained. "Try thinking about something that makes you mad and use that force in your attack."

I prepped myself by taking a few steps back and looking directly at the target. One... two... three! I lunges at the target and thought about the people who had murdered my family. Rage welled up on me and the next thing I knew, the target had a sword poking through its stomach.

"Good, now do that a hundred more times." Garret commanded.

—————
A month later

I sat at the table eating breakfast with Garret.

"Tsodshay we wiull be learging how shpeed affecsh your fighshing." Garret attempted to say through a mouthful of porridge.

"Today we will be learning how speed affects your fighting."

The rabbit I saved long ago sat on the table and looked at me with knowing eyes. You see here's the thing. When the rabbit bestowed upon me the super speed powers, it was supposed to erase my mind by the next day but since he was still here the next day and I saw him, I ended up remembering everything. I was the first human in a long time to know how the magic abilities worked.

"Sounds great!" I smiled.

Garret sat outside on the porch while I stretched my limbs.

"Your task is to run 10 miles and come back to me when you're done." He said slyly. I have put your sword on top of the hill," he pointed at a hill roughly 5 miles away. "If you retrieve it and come back then I will know you have run 10 miles."

I nodded in understanding. I stretched a bit more then looked at the rabbit who was calmly watching. I winked and sprinted as fast as I could which may have been too fast because next thing I knew the trees were wizzing part me. Only 10 minutes later did I reach the hill where my sword was stabbed into the ground. I pulled it out of the dirty mound and took a deep breathe. I was barely tired! I looked back at the very far away cottage. Time to go back I guess. I sprinted back running through the forest ground. After another 10 minutes I arrived at the cottage. Garret had seemed surprised that I had made it back so quickly.

"You... you have a magic speed ability?" He asked quite confused. "You're 7! Most people only get a magic ability once they are an adult and even then it's rare to get a magic ability!"

I smiled looking at the bunny and remembering that he didn't know how the powers were actually bestowed upon people.

"Yeah, one day I just woke up and I could run really fast." I tried to hold back my laughter.

Garret's face just looked at me confused then he laughed, "My my, you never do cease to amaze me young child. First you quickly learn the basics of swordsmanship with a month as a 7 year old. Next you are already gifted with super speed." He sighed. "As expected of a noble."

"Wait!" I choked out of surprise. "You knew I was a noble!?"

He tilted his head in confusion. "It's obvious as you look exactly like your mother! You are the Warcrete's child... are you not?"

He knew... this would be a problem in the future.

"I see... you don't seem to want to be recognized." He stated noticing I had gone impossibly paler than my previous pale face. "I have something that might work..."

We headed back inside the cottage and up the stairs to his room. He opened a large drawer and took something out. "This should do the trick!"

I looked at the white oval dome like thing in his hands.

"Here, on your face!" He gestured towards the white thing.

"Okay..." I gently lifted it up and covered my face with it. I opened my eyes expecting to find darkness but instead I could see right through it.

"Neat, ain't it?" He laughed. "You see, to me it looks like you have a white mask on but you, the user, can see right through it! It shouldn't be able to come off unless you want it to since it's enchanted. I got it as a gift from an old friend I helped out."

"Neat." Was all I could say. This could really help me out in he future.