10

Wesley's POV
I sat perched on a roof surveying the streets below until I noticed a strange boy walking the streets. His hair was tied up in a ponytail and he wore a white mask. Well that's pretty suspicious... I guess I'll follow him. Wesley hopped from roof to roof as the masked boy turned down many streets before arriving in an alleyway. I knew he was suspicious! He pulled out a map and looked over it a few times. Maybe he's not suspicious, my brain told me. A drunken idiot stumbled towards her with a knife and poked her back with it.

"Gimme you money and nobody gets hurt." The drunk man commanded. This guy was such an idiot.

The masked guy swiftly turned around, so quickly I almost didn't see it, and kicked the drunkard in the in the shin. He then proceeded to grab the knife, punch the drunk's nose, and sweep his leg under the drunk's to make him fall flat on his back. Excellent combat skills, I'll give him that.

"Hey!" The oddly female voice barked. "Never do that again. To anyone."

The man started stuttering, "I-I'm sorry... please spare me!"

The masked man stood silent for a minute then replied with, "I'll spare you... for now." He took the knife in both hands and broke it in two. Yikes.

The guy started to shake and to the average eye it would seem he shook with anger but to me it was obvious they were laughing. The drunken mess stumbled away in fear and I hopped down from my position.

"Impressive," I said with a smirk as I leaned against a wall. How could he even see through that mask anyway?

The guy turned around. Judging by his height, he's around my age. I scanned him up and down until my eyes landed on something... something underneath the shirt. I turned my head away to stop staring. Stop blushing! Why are you blushing! It was practically flat! I reprimanded myself for one, stupidly blushing, and two, looking at her... umm...

"Oh," I breathed, my head still turned. "You... are you a girl?"

"Yeah," He... no, she trailed off.

Still confused about the mask I asked, "what's with the mask?"

"Uh," she tried. "A birthmark! I have a huge birthmark covering my face and it's super ugly."

What the heck? This person was just getting more and more interesting. She was so small and petit yet she easily took out a grown man. She seemed to have a complicated backstory too!

"Actually! Do you know where this is?" She asked while pointing to a map in her hand. The are circled had an address attached. I scanned it and realized something. This is Mr. Evan's sword shop! I knew Evan for some special reasons so this should be easy.

"Oh, that's Mr. Evans sword shop. Of course I know where that is." I replied. Who doesn't know where that is?

She followed me until we reached a small sword shop. She entered and the bell jingled. This should be interesting

—————

It wasn't. I ended up having to wait outside because they had something to discuss. What could possibly be so important that they had to discuss it without me!? Ugh this is so boring! The bell jingled. Finally! I looked up at the girl with the mask.

"Why are you still here?" Veronica asked suspicious.

"You seem... interesting?" I replied, unsure how to answer the question. "I wanna hang out with you!"

"No," she replied walking off in the direction of the library.

What? I wasn't used to any sort of rejection. I was pretty damn good looking! You know what? She's the one who's missing out. My eyes followed her slender figure as she walked away without turning back. I bet any minute now she will turn around and ask if I want to go with her. I watched her get farther away. Aaaannnyyy minute now. She was even farther away now. I bit my lip. Screw if. I dashed after her to see what she was doing.