159: The Internship

We're pretending Civil War didn't happen- and this takes place around the events of Spider-Man: Homecoming

"Peter, you're going to be late if you don't come on!" You yell at your younger brother. You've been taking care of him since he was young, after your parents died.

You were eighteen when it happened, but Peter was six, almost seven. (Idk if that's accurate, but go with it)

"I'm coming, (y/n), geez! Give me a second!"

"You said that five minutes ago! You don't want Mr. Stark to fire you, do you?"

Peter received an internship with the one and only Tony Stark a couple weeks ago. You don't know much about it, but you're very happy for your little brother. You've always wanted him to grow up with a bright future and you tried your best to help him when you could.

"Okay, I'm ready, let's go."

You offered to drive Peter to the Avengers facility upstate. He was going to stay there for a little while so he could help Stark with a project. Peter couldn't tell you much.

"I'm proud of you, you know..." you say as you drive.

You can see Peter grin at you. "Thanks, (y/nn). I'm trying..."

"They'd be proud of you too, Pete."

"I hope so."

"So... about this internship..."

"You know I can't tell you much..."

"I know, I know."

*****

After the long drive was finally over, you pull up to the gate outside the facility.

"Um, hi.. I'm Peter. Parker. Peter Parker. I'm here for Mr. Stark's internship thingy?"

There's a buzzing sound and the gates slowly creak open.

The only thing you can hear now is the slight blowing of the a/c in the car.

"You nervous?" You ask.

"A little... I don't want to mess this up."

"You'll do fine, Pete."

When you reach the front of the building, you're surprised to see Tony Stark standing outside of it.

You put the car in park and get out to help Peter with his stuff.

"Hi, Mr. Stark. This is by sister, (y/n)," Peter says to the man.

"Nice to meet you. I'm assuming you'd like to see what your brother will be doing while he's here?"

Peter's eyes go wide, but you don't understand why.

"Um, that would be nice."

Here's another Bucky series cause I love him

-ry