56:What are we waiting for?

Being a female in the 1940's was very strange

Being a female in the 1940's was very strange. But being a female that works in the army in the 1940's was a whole other experience. You and your best friend, Peggy Carter, were hit on constantly, and it was quite irritating. 

Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, has just returned from saving over a thousand men at a Hydra base. Pretty much everyone is in the bar, drinking  and cheering. 

You and Peggy walk through the bar, both wearing your best dresses. 

"I might, after this is over, go dancing," Peggy tells Steve. 

His friend, James, smirks. "Well what are we waiting for?" 

 You couldn't help but feel a ping of jealousy when James says that. You think he is very handsome.   

Peggy looks at Steve. "The right partner..." 

"How about you, doll?" he asks you. 

You smile. "At least take me out to dinner first." 

He smiles a gorgeous smile. "Alright, then. Tomorrow night?" 

You blush, "Sounds good, James."

"Please, call me Bucky..." 

***

You are currently looking for something to wear, while Peggy sits on your bed. "I have nothing to wear!" you exclaim, throwing your hands up in exasperation. 

Peggy laughs. "You could borrow something of mine, then?"

The two of you share a room together, so you share each other's clothes all the time. 

"Here, try this one," she smiles, handing you a dress.

You have to admit, it's a beautiful dress. It's navy blue, and it comes down just below the knees. 

You slip on the dress, smoothing out some wrinkles. 

"That's the one! You look beautiful, darling..." Peggy declares. "He will love it!" 

You take a look in the mirror, and actually feel confident. You really like Bucky, and you want to impress him. 

There's a knock at your door. Peggy runs over and opens it. 

"Mr. Barnes," you hear her say. 

You laugh to yourself as you make your way to the door. 

Bucky's eyes scan over your body, and you blush. 

"Wo-wow, (y/n)... You look.. you look beautiful, doll," he says after a couple seconds. 

You blush again. "Thank you, Ja- Bucky." 

He takes your hand in his, and leads you out of your place. There's a diner close by, so you assume that's where he is taking you.

(i was going to write about the date, but literally everything I wrote, sucked)

"I don't want you to go..." you cry, giving him one last hug. 

"I'll be back before you know it," Bucky says. You reach up and quickly peck his lips.

You watch as the Howling Commandos walk away from the camp, not realizing that it would be the last time you'd ever see your true love. 

***

You wake up in an unfamiliar place. 

"(y/n)?" 

You eyes finally adjust to the light. You blink a few times. "Steve?"

You are very confused, the technology in your room looks strange. You don't understand. 

"Where am I, Steve?" 

He sighs, "After you found out about Bucky, you... You made it your life goal to track down the people who did it. And, Hydra, they captured you. The Avengers and I found you in cryo in Russia." 

You still don't understand. "What year is it?"

"2018." 

You think it's all a dream, but reality hits you. Steve wouldn't lie to you. "I've been gone for 75 years?" 

He nods. "A lot has happened, and you'll have to learn how to cope with all of this. But someone I know needs help to. And I think he'll be happy to have someone to learn with." 

The door swings open, and you gasp. 

"Bucky?" 

"(y/n)?"

Tears fill your eyes. "I thought you were dead..."

"I thought you were dead."

Steve laughs. "I'll leave you two to talk..." 

Bucky walks over and sits down next to the bed, where he stays all night so you two can catch up.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 30K READS! THIS IS ACTUALLY INSANEEE!

-ry

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think! And comment some requests! :)