Chapter 15

Mel's POV

I here a knock at the door I get up and I open it to a familiar face but also not so familiar.thats when I realized my dad was stand 9 inches in front of me. Yes the man who had a drink problem and would even get physical at times with my mom. The man who got sent to jail. Hmm this almost seems familiar even. Like when Ryker showed up at my door. I have no words. Not a thing to say. I just close the door. But he knocked again. "Hello Melissa, how are you? He said in a rasping voice. It sure has been a long time. Arnt you going to let me in? It's rude to just leave someone outside. I could barley get a work out. Come- in... I say nervously. Jess comes downstairs. "Hey Mel have to seen my yellow shirt with the ru-". Who this? I clear my throat. Well Jess this is my father. I can see her gulp. Would you like anything to drink. He cuts her off almost immediately. Listen I'm not here to talk and be friendly. Well I am but I'm here for my daughter. I have important business to talk to her about and I would like to take her to lunch to do so. Let's god Melissa grab you things. He so demanding. I just grab my things and go with him. We walk outside to a car we're a man ima suit opens the door. And gets in and drives somewhere. What do you like to eat my father asks. Um I don't really care to be honest.

The car ride was silent we ended up at the restaurant for lunch and we start talking about a lot. Of things that needed to be cleared my mom, Jess Ryker and even Eric the past and what happened. As much as I hate my dad it was nice in some terms.

Meanwhile..
Jesses POV

Ryker?

Yes? Who is this?

I got your number from Mel it's Jess

Oh okay is everything okay?

No well I'm yes I don't know Mel's dad just showed up at our door step and demanded she would go to lunch.

Not gonna lie I'm almost a little scared for her.

Everything's gonna be okay I'll call her.

Okay.

Rykers pov

That's weird. Mel's dad showed up right Daniel got into town. No he can't be. Wait last night he said he had to go see his daughter.. then this means. Oh shit! I run up to Justin's room were bri and him are playing video games they shoot there eyes right at me. The can see I'm worried. What wrong? They ask. I hesitate for a long time. I think Daniel is Mel's dad. Justin thinks for a minute. You know what that means right? She has to leave. And that's she's the next person in line. That's why he's here?

Back to Mel POV

Now this has been great but there was something I need to talk to you about I was wondering if you would like to come live with me. Well because I own a real successful business a few actually and I'm sick and I need someone to take over. I don't know what your mom ever told you. She's told me a lot I know what kind of business you do.

Well then what do you say you wanna come live with me?